'Blue' and 'red'

I jump as the white door near my table opens. It's Nurse Floss.
"Macaroni and cheese," she states as her gloved hands gesture towards the pile of mustard-yellow goop on the plate which she's wheeling around on her tea trolly. She gently places it on my table. The old lady smiles at me and I stare at the wrinkles on her face, deep like valleys. She leaves shortly after inspecting me as I swallow three pills. One is blue and round like a small ball with the letter S etched on the top. The other two are both red and shiny and very big. They all have scientific names which mean nothing to me so I just call them 'blue' and 'red'. Doctor Lawson says that they will help with the delusions.
I've been seeing things ever since I could see. Sometimes I see shadowy creatures that drift through the air. They look light as a feather yet they seem to carry all the darkness on the earth. They suck out light from the atmosphere. I hate them a lot. However whatever the medicine is made of prevents me from seeing any shadows except for my own.
I pick up the metal fork and prod the food on the plate. It wobbles like jelly. Not eating that, for sure. I peep through the clear plastic window on the door to see the clock in the corridor. 6:12. 6:57. 7:42. 8:17. 8:34 9:03. 9:49. Time has gone by fast. I slip back into bed and cover my head in the thin sheet. All I want is to escape this blurred world.