The dream dictionary

Nurse Floss pounds into my room again with her trolley, this time with an equally inedible bowl of porridge. She sets it on my desk and gives me my pills, but this time they are different. A white and blue little tablet, the usual red pill and two spherical green ones.
"For your relapse," she adds. I take them all. "There's a side effect to the green one. It may make you feel sleepier than normal".
Thank god. At least I can escape back to my dreams. I want some more green ones.
The nurse leaves. I don't touch the porridge.
All I can think about was the magnificent dream I had last night. Dream? But was it a dream? It was far too magnificent to be a dream.

***

That afternoon, we had a session at the hospital library. I'm determined to find out more about my dreams. I head towards the sickly yellow painted wall and look at the chart that tells you where each book topic is located.
I swiftly found a sticker labelled 'Dreams' and follow the line to another sticker with the number 4490. I find the same number on the shelves and trace my finger over the bumpy books until it lands on a book called 'The Dream Dictionary'. It's a green, thick, book with a rough cover and gold text on the spine. I take it and sit at a table. The book is filled with pictures and diagrams or brains and geometrical universes and heaps of tiny text so I turn to the contents page.

Dreams: an introduction.............04-16
Psychology and dreams..............17-34
Dreams in research............................35-59
History of dreams...........................60-91
Lucid dreams...................................92-115
Nightmares.....................................116-154
Dream anthology........................155-380
References.....................................381-384

Lucid? What even are lucid dreams? Lucid means bright and clear. I turn to page 60 in curiosity.

Lucid dreams
A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.

Bullseye.