Officials

I passed some stalls, when I heard, "The Officials are here!" Then the whole town erupted into chaos.

"Hide the girls!"

"What!? But it's much too early!"

"Hurry!"

"Where's my daughter!"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. What the heck was happening?

I went to a nearby stall, which was selling some wood carvings. I took a staff that caught my eye, it was made of ironwood, and hardened over the fire.

"What's happening?" I asked him. Buying the staff.

"Don't you know? Well I guess it can't be helped. See whenever the officials come, they take our women and children for their 'entertainment'," he said, his words dripping with disgust. I just nodded and started to head for a forest, I did not want any part of this. It is afterall, their problem not mine.

Sadly, it seemed as if fate was against me for a group of officers was blocking the roadway.

"Can you please move out of the way?" I asked them in a bored but polite tone. The just ignored me. I shrugged and decided to take the long way. Afterall, I did not want to cause any trouble. When I was about to turn around when a sudden gust of wind blew my hood off. Wow, I really do have bad luck, thought to myself. Hurrying to pull my hood up, but it was too late. The officers already saw my face.

"Well, well," the officer with a balding head said with a sickening sneer, "that's a pretty face you got there. You'll do."

I turned around and saw that the other guards also had a sickening smile. I just sighed. I turned and walked away.

"OI, where do you think your going little boy," the balding man said. I responded by turning around and running right at them. They seemed shock for a moment, but then they grinned. The grin looked weird, I've never seen a grin like that, I just shrugged it off, and with the help of my staff, I jumped over them. I landed facing them, so I turned around and started running off into the forest. I kept running, but they kept following me.

Turn and fight. They have been doing evil to my town, my people. Help them and I shall reward you, I heard a voice say. I'd rather not do it, but the voice said he'd reward me, so I guess I'll do it.

I quickly turned around to face them and debated, should I kill them or not? - by then, the first soldier was upon me, I used my staff to block his blow, then I hit him as hard as I could in his head- If I do kill them, then other officials might come- I parried another blow- back to terrorize the village, if I don't then they would likely- I hit a few people- want to hunt me down for revenge. Maybe I should kill half of them- i twisted my staff so that it spun in a circle, hitting a few people in the ribs- yeah, I'll just kill half of them. Then I went into a rampage. Using my small body, I ducked and dodged most of their blows, blocking it with my staff if I had to. I hit some of them in the knees, sometimes ribs, and rarely heads for it was to high for me to reach without creating an opening in my defence. All I could hear was the crunch of breaking bones, and soon it was over. I was standing in the middle of officials, some dead, most unconscious. I started to walk away, tired. Though this body wasn't weak, it was weaker than the body I had before, I would need more practice.

"Oi, where's the reward that you said that you'd give me," I said aloud.