Ceberus

'Now how do I find the monster?' I thought. I had been wandering in the forest for a few days now. The three headed was supposed to be here, but it might have been killed by a stronger being. Which isn't unlikely. I would've thought that a three headed dog would live in a cave or a marsh or something. Apparently not. Eh? Why is it so quiet here?

I heard a growl and some voices. The voices sounded a bit panicked. I rushed towards the sound of the voices, and appeared in a clearing. 'Just as i thought, the growl was made by the three headed dog, Cerberus.' it was at least three times as large as me.

I also spotted the source of the voices. They were obviously related as to see that they had the same dirty blonde hair, nose, etc. Though the younger one was crying saying something like I would never leave you alone whilst the older one was screaming at his brother to run, foolishly standing in front of the cerberus.

Smiling at my good fortune at finally finding the beast, I drew out my sword and stealthily crept towards the dog. It was a good thing that the wind was blowing my scent away, it made my job easier. It seemed as if it sensed me for one of it's head suddenly swerved towards me. 'Oh well, I lost the element of surprise'. I rushed at the dog who now had it's full attention at me. It breathed fire at me, I was surprised, but thankfully I reacted quickly enough to jump over it. I landed on the back of the dog, and swiped at the head in the middle, the two other dogs growled at me. It grew two more heads. 'Well, this is annoying'.

It tried to shake me off, I immediately stabbed the sword onto it's back, they howled in pain. Then the heads tried to snap at me. I jumped of to the side, dragging the sword with me.

They then howled really loudly, I winced. Apparently I chopped the heart somewhere along the way since it stopped mid howl and collapsed. I used my arms to push me upward towards the sky as it collapsed nearly squishing me. The dog then turned to black dust and disappeared. The only thing left was a pool of blood and my sword.

I Picked up my sword and was about to summon up some water to wash it when I heard one of the kids say, "who are you?" in a very curious manner.

"Just a passing traveler," I replied, turning to look at them, hood covering my eyes. The boys were about my age, probably older. One looked around twelve and the other around eight. They both had dirty blonde hair and sky blue eyes. They could be mistaken as twins were it not for the fact that one looked more mature than the other.

"Thank you kind sir for saving us," the twelve year old said. I just shrugged.

"I won't be there to save you next time if you were in trouble so learn to use the weapons," I told them walking away. In my opinion, the strong survive and the weak die. Or the heroes die and the cowards survive, after all if you were a hero, you would gain many enemies, whereas if you were a coward, they will deem you weak and leave you alone for the most part. Besides, it's usually the heros that are weak and the cowards that are strong.

"Besides, if you die soon after I save you, then what was the point in saving you?" I asked them. Before stepping into before stepping into the forest.

"What's your name?" I heard one of them call out. I said nothing.

"You're always welcome into the Firestar estate," the other one said. 'If he was going to keep talking, I might as well give him something to shut up, else he keep talking till midnight' I thought. Using my ice magick, I created a pair of wings about the length of my thumb, I made it so that it would sparkle if placed in the light like a gem, and if the conditions are right, it should create a miniature aurora borealis. I placed a bit of my magick so that it would never melt. Then I tossed it towards the boy. I saw it create an aurora borealis before the boy caught it.

"Thank you," the boy called out. I nodded at him before creating another one and threw it at the boy that was around my age. There, now he won't look so depressed. I watched his eyes widen in surprise as he caught it. I then turned around and was able to leave without anymore distraction. Wait. What!? When did I enter their estate? I really need to get a map.