Land of the demons

Authors note
Just to clear some things up, in the last chapter, the only reason she was able to kill 100 people without getting tired is 
1. It was a full moon (water mages are at their most powerful in full moons)
2. She was really angry
3. She knew what a human heart looked like (if she didn't then she wouldn't be able to freeze their hearts. Magic in this world relies mostly on imagination)
-------------------------------------------------

I was sitting near the border of the demon's land. Why I was here? Well I was quite curious to why humans and demons hate each other. Also, if I stepped over that border, then wouldn't that be called trespassing? Kinda like if someone were to step into your property without telling you, you would be pretty angry, no?

Though I got to say, the demon's land is quite pretty. It's no wonder that the humans want it. With bright neon flowers and insects, it burns my eyes of course, but I suppose some people like it. The forest was pretty dark which made the plants and insects stand out all the more, and the sunlight almost never reached the ground, and then the whisperings. They sound beautiful, gentle and soft, like a lullaby. The whisperings wanted me to join them of course, but I can't really step past the border or else I'd be an intruder. 

(Author: I think that it's just you that finds it beautiful...... *says in a near whisper*                                                                                             Zero: What are you talking about? It's one of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!                                                                   Author: *Shivers in fright* I think I'm gonna go now.......)

So here I was waiting for the last three weeks, practicing my magic and sword/ spear fighting. I was trying to see if I could turn myself into water molecules without turning into water molecules forever. It's quite daunting so I was still doing it on unsuspecting animals, rocks trees, etc. 

(Author: I thought that they were your friends!        
Zero: Hmm? Their just acquaintances, besides I was mostly able to bring them back to their original form. And I only did it to the trees that others find annoying.
Author: By others you mean you -_-)

Of course, I had to do without those demons spying on me, which is what they've been doing the whole time. I knew that one left after the first week, perhaps to report on me. That's good, staying in one spot is really making me restless. 

As I was patiently sitting on a tree branch, I saw a very pretty girl emerge from the forest. She had long wavy dark red hair and bloody red eyes. She looked like any other human if you ignored the two horns (like a ram's horns) protruding from her head. She was also riding a horse that looked like a kelpie from one of the books I've read in my old life.

"You," she said in a commanding tone, looking at me in the eye. Well, she couldn't actually see my eyes, but you know what I mean.

I jumped from my branch and landed softly on the ground.

"What business do you have with us demons?"

"I would like to enter your territory," I told her.

"........ That's it?" she asked with a dumbfounded look. what? Did I say something wrong?

"Well I would also like to meet you king, but I'll do that later."

"Why didn't you just go over the boarder like most humans do,"  she said, sneering when she said the word humans. Can't really blame her, who knew that humans were so rude. Trespassing on someone else's property like that.

"Well, if I just stepped over the border that would give you the right to kill me. Besides, I don't really like trespassing into peoples property without a good reason."

"At least your not as rude as those other things," she said, thinking about how the humans always attacked her for no reason. 

I nodded in agreement, also thinking about the officials that attract me for what seemed like no reason.

"Well then, you may cross our borders. However, there is a toll," she said reaching her hand out.

"How much?"

"100 gold pieces."

I took out a hundred gold pieces out of my space ring and stepped forward to hand it to her. Though she was on the horse so she was towering over me, though she would still be towering over me even if she wasn't on the horse.

"I like you, hope to see you soon," she said before riding away. She was a busy person after all, the demon princess. First in line to the throne. Of course, I didn't know that.

I headed into forest, wondering where the nearest civilization was at. 

Time skip (a few days later)
One thing that I noticed during my trek was that there was absolutely no beasts, magical or not. However, there were these gigantic insects, like bees, mosquitoes, cicadas, etc. And the plants here has earned my respect, they ate most of the insects and were the very definition of silent killers. It turned out the whispers were from the meat eating trees, makes it hard to find a good place to sleep. There were a lot of demons as well, mostly Chiroptas (bat shaped demons, I made them up). They mostly ignore me, so I ignore them back. All in all, it was very peaceful. Except for those moments when the plants try to eat me. 

The forest had started to thin out, for which I was grateful for. As much as I liked plants, these carnivorous ones were really pushing my limits. Why?
1. They were extremely silent so you wouldn't know if they were carnivorous until they strike
2. They were well....carnivorous. I don't have any plans of being eaten by a plant just so you know. 
3. They were keeping me from me precious sleep!

Gah, I don't even have enough energy to run. So I stumbled out of the forest and when I judged that I was far enough to be safe from the plants, I collapsed onto the ground. Using the last of my strength, I created a very thin layer of ice to surround me. Sleep then reached out to me.