Ambush

Authors note
I agree with the comments of the fact that this group of demons really doesn't match her. I think I'm going to make Zero leave them in this chapter. I just got a writers block after I included the group. But don't worry, I'll give her permanent companions later. Though this chapter is going to feel rushed, because like I said, I got a writers block so this is the best I could come up with. Hopefully the next chapter would be better.
----------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up," I heard a voice say. I slowly opened my eyes to glare at the person that woke me up before realizing that I was in that persons arms. I rolled of and landed on my feet. It was kind of like a routine already, I glanced at my surroundings. We were in a very rugged area, and there was a lot of grey. In fact, the only colors other than grey were my annoying companions, and a few other people that had been trailing us for the past couple days. I wondered why, but then it wasn't any of my business.

"Here you go!" Julia said giving me a chunk of bread, "It's already noon, you must be famished!"

"Yeah, you're really skinny for a kid your age though maybe that's normal for humans your going to have to eat more" Liam said thoughtfully. The reason that I was skinnier than other kids my age may have something to do with the fact that cooking and hunting was really hard work. Plus it attracted the attentions of other monsters as I found out the first time I did cook (I was getting tired of fruits that may or may not be poisonous the throwing up afterwards and other such side effects. Though I feel as if I've developed immunity to most of them as I rarely felt the side effects these days). And it really was more trouble than it was worth. 

"Thanks," I tell them before eating the stale bread. 

It was a few hours of me ignoring the two chatter boxes, and that includes the very sarcastic Takeshi. Approximately 37 total "You're so mean Takeshi," and variations of that phrase was thrown at Takeshi nearly every time he said something. Though it was rather playful, as they all seemed to enjoy it. I felt like I was watching a video in truth, I basically wasn't there. 

When the red moon started to rise, that was when our stalkers attacked. It started with a dagger being thrown at Takeshi who dodged it by a hairs breath before spinning around. Sadly, I was a few feet behind Takeshi. I saw him narrow his blood red eyes before rushing at me. I took my staff from my space ring and blocked his attack. I tried to freeze his feet in place, but he quickly melted the ice with his own magick. 

"You think you can kill me behind my back did ya!" he said glaring hatefully at me. I stared at him blankly, yes I did think of killing you behind your back, but I doubted that I would have succeeded. I guess he didn't notice the gray clothed people attacking his comrades.

"Takeshi! She wasn't the one that attacked us!" Liam called out. 

"I she didn't then who did? She was the only one behind me!" he answered still attacking me. Could he really not hear the clashing of metal behind his back? Was he deaf?

"It's an ambush you muscle head!" Julia cried out, using earth magick to chuck rocks at the assailants. Well, that stopped all the attacks he was throwing at me. He seemed to finally notice the situation before glaring at me and running of to kill the assailants. 

I sighed and put my staff back into the ring and took out my sword. All of this annoyance has to go somewhere. 

I started slashing at the demons closes to me, and I actually felt a bit of resistance before I killed them. Their fighting skills are better than humans at least. Julia accidentally chucked a rock at my shoulder.

"Sorry!" I heard her say. I frowned slightly I was already busy dodging the assailants magick, I didn't need any more rocks being flung at me. This is why I travel alone. 

In the end we were able to kill them all, without any injuries at all. I did get a huge bruise on my left shoulder, but I already healed it. 

"Whew, well then wasn't that exciting!" Julia said cheerfully. I just sat down tiredly, this group really drained all of my energy. There just too cheerful.

"Sorry for attacking you back then," I heard Takeshi mumble to me. I just shrugged, I've forgiven him a long time ago though.....

"I don't think that I should stay with you guys," i tell him. Nothing good came out of staying with them. 

"I agree," Takeshi said. The rest agreed sadly. Me? I was feeling relieved. I would finally get a good nights rest. 

Julia started crying, "I'm g-going to miss you," she wailed, trying to hug me. I side stepped her, I really wanted for them to leave. I created three of the frozen wings and fused some of my magick in them, giving each of them one. Maybe this would make them leave faster. Takeshi carried the crying the Julia away. Liam glanced at me sadly before saying, "careful," and walked away. 

I sighed in relief when I saw them disappear into the distance. I created a wall of ice around myself, and lied on the floor. Dozing of in the red moonlit rays. I could finally relax.

-----------------------------------------------
Author's note
Ok, that really felt rushed even in my standards. And this one was horrible, I'll try to make it better next time promise.