Chapter 9

I'm back! I'm so sorry to keep you all waiting. I just had a lot on my plate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

Strangely, the twins had been acting more normal than usual. There were no fights anymore...or at least that was what I observed. They seemed a bit off. I felt like something was up but when it comes to them there's not much to expect to be honest. At least, that's what I'm guessing.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Pay attention!" Haruhi waved her hands in front of my face.

"What?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked towards her.

"Hikaru and Kaoru are freaking me out," she bit her lip in thought. "They're acting normal. A little too normal."

"I see your point," I followed the direction in which she was looking and observed the twins plotting something.

"Oh, hey," Kaoru spoke, already somehow in front of me. "What's shakin'?"

"Are you guys alright?" I questioned. "You seem to be acting normal for once."

"Normal? Normal, my dear, is not a part of my vocabulary," Hikaru grabbed my hand and kissed it. I pulled my hand back and gave him a look of disgust.

"Yeah, I can tell..." I glared.

Before Kaoru could attack Hikaru and Hikaru could defend himself, Tamaki walked in flamboyantly. Like always.

"What kind of nonsense is going on this time?" Tamaki rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Same old, same old," Haruhi answered, sipping her tea.

"You two," Tamaki spoke as he pointed towards the duo. "Get your act together. The guests will be arriving soon and I don't want them to have to deal with you fighting and causing a scene."

I stifled a laugh as the twins glared at each other.

"How do you deal with these two on a daily basis?" Tamaki blew his bangs out of his face, annoyed.

"I honestly don't know myself. You get used to dating a guy with a twin after a while. Basically, you have to accustom yourself to dealing with twice the amount of obnoxiousness daily," I replied.

"Ugh, I could never," Haruhi crossed one leg over the other, waving her hand dismissively.

"As expected of Haruhi," Kyoya pushed his glasses back onto his face.

"Do you always just jump out of nowhere like that?" I asked.

"No, that's my job..." Nekozawa suddenly walked out of the shadows.

"Nu uh. I am not doing this today. Nope. Never," I started picking up my bag and making my way out of the host club. "You're creepy."

"Aw, come on. He's not that bad, (Y/N)," Haruhi assured me.

"Fine. Just don't jump out like that again, okay?" I sighed. "No wonder your little sister is scared of you."

"I'll have you know I am her prince! Her big brother!" Nekozawa defended himself.

"Yeah, right. How are you supposed to protect her when you're afraid of light?" I asked.

"I gave light a try one time. Never again!" he ran back into his Black Magic Club and disappeared into thin air. I shrugged.

"Anyways, I've been meaning to ask where that door comes from?" I asked Haruhi. "It's never there until Nekozawa senpai shows up."

"Beats me. I've been wondering that since I got here," Haruhi replied.

"I-is he gone?" Tamaki walked out from the curtain he had managed to hide behind.

"Yes, he is. You're such a baby," I laughed.

"Says the one who was about to leave as soon aa he showed up," Haruhi smirked.

"Okay, look. I don't trust that guy. He seems shady..." I glared.

"Whatever you say, (Y/N)," Haruhi chuckled. I pouted at her comment.

"Don't worry, (Y/N," Hikaru patted my shoulder. "I'm here to protect you."

"That's my job!" Kaoru yelled. And once again, the twins began fighting.

"This. This is the life I live..." I rubbed my temples. "One second they're acting normal, and then they surprise us by fighting again. That's all they do."

"You know we can hear you right?" they yelled at me.

"Yes, that's the point."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if this was a little short. Thank you for all of the positive feedback btw! It means a lot! ^-^ <3