Chapter 1

Cassie was still learning all she could about magic by reading books and studying up on the beginning of the wizard age. It was quite fascinating to read it, but to see it is always something special. 

Just like seeing those perfectly normal looking muggle appointments turn into a giant house on the inside was fantastic!

She was more or less shoved into the house by Mad-Eye, then left alone so he could do bring Harry back, as well. She was only alone for about a minute because Mrs. Weasley came down and greeted her. She explained where upstairs she would be sleeping, then said, "And no sharing a bed between you and Benedict. Am I clear?"

Ben was on a holiday with his parents in Greece and wasn't due back until much later tonight. He was going to use a portkey to get here. 

"Not a problem, Mrs. Weasley," she assured. Mrs. Weasley smiled at her and said, "Good! Now, come along with me. Sirius has been dying to see you." Cassie followed her down the narrow hall and to a room where it ended. 

It looked as if they were prepping for a meeting with the way things were set up at the table. She looked around for a moment, until she heard a voice behind her say, "Cassandra Potter." She turned and saw Sirius looking at her in wonderment. "Look at you," he said. "Fourteen years and you still haven't changed. Do you know who I am?"

She nodded and told him, "Sirius Black. My...my Godfather." He walked up to her and gently held her face in his hands. "You look so much like your mother," he said. Cassie smiled with tears in her eyes. 

"Really?" She asked. He nodded and told her, "Yes, very much so. You've got bits of your dad as well, but mostly your mum. Come here." He pulled her in for a hug and she wrapped her arms around him. 

Sirius let out a shaky breath and rocked her a little. A moment later, Professor Lupin came over and said, "My heart told me that was you third term. I just couldn't believe it." Cassie came up from Sirius's hug and asked, "You--you knew them, too?"

He nodded and told her, "Oh, yes. We were all best friends. We spent years trying to find you, Cass. Turns out you were right here all along." Out of an overwhelming sense of love, she hugged him, too. 

He chuckled and patted her back, before letting her go. "Maybe later you can tell me more about them...and me," she said to Sirius. "Of course I will," he told her. "For now, you should go see your friends and get some rest."

She nodded, then Mrs. Weasley led her out of the room. Cassie then made her way upstairs. As soon as she opened the door to her room, Hermione jumped up from the bed she was reading at and hugged her. 

"Are you alright?" She asked. "I heard what happened. The same thing happened to Harry, except he used a spell against the Dementors and they're expelling him for it!" Earlier this evening, she had an unfortunate encounter with a few Dementors. She's only heard of the spell to get rid of them, but never used it. 

Someone saved her, though. She has no idea who...but they saved her. 

Cassie gave Hermione a double take out of the shock of hearing this news. "Wait," she said, "What?" Suddenly, there were rushed knocks on the door. She turned around and opened it. "Ben," she gasped. 

Ben dropped his cases on the floor and pulled her in for a hug. "I heard," he said, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there." She sighed in relief in his chest and squeezed him tight. He's been gone for far too long and she missed him terribly. 

"I'm fine," she told him. "I missed you." He pressed a kiss to her head and said, "I missed you, too, love. So much." He gently pulled back and went over to her suitcase and picked it up. "Come on, you'll stay with me tonight."