Chapter 8

"Sweetie, you need to eat," Ella told Cassie as she watched her daughter pick at her food. "I'm not hungry," she grumbled. Hermione, who was sitting across from her, said, "It's really, very good." Cassie just continued to pick at it. 

It was Christmas, but that doesn't mean she was cheerful or happy. Ever since her and Ben's break up, things have gotten a lot worse. For example, her dreams are coming back. A few weeks ago, she dreamt about Mr. Weasley being attacked in the Department of Mysteries. She woke up in a cold sweat and was taken to Dumbledore, only to find out Harry had the same dream.

She hasn't told her parents and doesn't plan to.

"I would like to make a toast," Arthur announced. "To the Potter twins, without whom, I would not be here today. The Twins." Everyone raised their glasses and repeated, "The Twins." Cassie couldn't even look at Arthur, she felt so guilty about her dream. When she did happen to look up, she saw Sirius standing at the dining room doorway, eyeing her curiously. 

After a moment, she excused herself from the crowded table just as Molly was handing out presents. Cassie walked aimlessly around the house, until she reached a certain room with a family tree painted on the wall.

"Filthy half-blood," a ragged and gross voice said behind her. She nearly jumped and turned around to see a house elf. He looked old and mean, nothing anyone would want to mess with. 

Sirius then came up behind him and shouted, "Kreacher! Enough of your vile! Away with you!" Kreacher grumbled a "yes master" and went away. "Sorry 'bout that," Sirius said to Cassie. "He never was very friendly, not even when I was a boy."

Cassie looked around, then asked, "You lived here?" He nodded, then went up to the family tree. He pointed to a burnt spot under his name. "My mother did that after I ran away. Charming woman."

"Where did you go?" Cassie asked. Sirius gave her a little smirk and said, "'Round your dad's. I was always welcome at the Potter's." Cassie sighed and put her head down. "Harry told me about you and Benedict. I'm sorry, I know you loved him."

She let out a light laugh and said, "I did. Still do. Sirius, can I ask you something?" He nodded and told her, "Of course you can. What's on your mind?" She paced the room a bit as she said, "I haven't told my parents this, but...I'm having dream. Bad dreams, almost as if Voldemort is controlling them. They went away after a while, but sever since things ended with Ben, they've come back."

Sirius took a few steps towards her and said, "You think he helped with these dreams?" She nodded and said, "I do. I think he helped with a lot of things that went wrong with me. I miss him terribly, not only for that, but his love as well."

"That is why he helped," Sirius told her. "It was his love for you and your love for him. Voldemort, he has no idea what mutual love is, so he has no power over it. Now, I'm not saying you should go back to Benedict for that reason, but simply because...you love him."

Cassie thought about that for a moment. She would never go back to Ben to keep the dreams away, but because she really, really loves him.

"Thanks, Sirius," she said. "Promise you won't tell my parents or...anyone?" He smiled and put a hand on her shoulder. "I promise," he told her. "Anything else?" There were plenty of other things on her mind and she could see that he knew it, too.

"Um...well, I have been feeling different lately. I just...I feel angry. It's like it's building up inside and it's just going to explode at some point. I've been feeling this way since Summer. I'm afraid I'm becoming bad. After the dream I had about Mr. Weasley, I can't help but feel guilty because I was the one who attacked him, I feel like I put him there--."

Sirius quickly shushed her. "Listen to me, Cassie, listen. You did not do that. You are not the reason Arthur is in that position. You are a very good person, who bad things have happened to. The world isn't divided between good people and death eaters; what matters is which side we choose to be on.

"Who you are, Cassandra Potter, is the daughter of the two greatest people I have ever met. You have so much of them in you, as does Harry. As long as you are the child of Lily and James, there can be no evil within you."

Cassie's eyes teared up a bit. "I wish I knew them," she said. Sirius smiled as he said, "You did. It was short lived...but you did." He put an arm around her shoulder and brought her in for a hug. 

A moment later, Harry, Ron and Hermione appeared. "Cass, it's time to go," Hermione softly said. Sirius pulled from the hug, then brought Harry in to join them. "One day, we're going to be a proper family again." Harry gave him a long hug before walking out with the other three. 

Cassie said goodbye to her parents, who also said goodbye to Harry as if he were their own son. Ever since finding out about Harry and Cassie's past, they've been unbelievably supportive and were dying to meet Harry. Needless to say, they loved him. 

"Your mum gave me a bunch of new clothes," Harry told Cassie as they waited for Fred and George by the door. Cassie laughed a bit and said, "Welcome to the Hansen's."

**

The moment Cassie got back to Hogwarts, she wanted to sleep. It was a long journey back and she couldn't wait for her head to hit the pillow. When she entered the room with Hermione, she made a b-line to her bed. As of right now, they were the only ones back. 

"I need to get some hut eye before everyone..." She stopped herself when she saw a note on her pillow. From the awful handwriting that was on it, it was clearly from Ben. With a loud sigh, she pushed it off her pillow and lay down. 

Just because she misses him, doesn't mean she's not still pissed off at him.