Chapter Four - Ezra

Anna's POV

The entire drive to Ezra and Ben's safe house was silent. Neither Harry or I spoke to each other, not a single word. Surprisingly that only made me feel worse, the silence ate at me until I broke down. I didn't want to speak to Harry because I was furious with him for lying to me, but I also just wanted him to tell me that everything was going to be okay... I know I sound like a train wreck, but today has been complete chaos.

"Are you sure you want to go in? If any of them tries to hurt you I won't hesitate to kill them, do you really want to see that?" Harry asks as we pull up to a row of houses, each one of them lit up except for the one on the end. "Anna?"

I nod "I have to tell them this myself, they won't believe it if it comes from you. You've lied so much Harry... only this time the lie doesn't only affect me it affects a three year old little angel that thinks your her daddy."

"I fucked up! Okay, what do you want me to say?"

I shake my head not believing the words coming out of the man sitting next to me "oh I don't know Harry, how about an apology? You haven't even said your sorry, I understand why you did what you did, but you shouldn't have lied to me about it."

Turning off the car and opening his door, Harry completely ignores what I had to say. He's reverting to his old ways and I don't like it, not one bit. Thankfully he hasn't taken his anger out on me, yet, but as soon as he does I'm gone. I'm not putting up with it this time, I can't I have Shaya to think about now. If Harry lays a hand on my again it's over, there will be no coming back a second time. I'll be single for the rest of my life if it means a safety for my little girl, I'll hide forever as long as she's with me and happy.

"Cmon, before I change my mind and make you stay in the fucking car." Harry says with a groan as he opens my car door.

Without hesitation I listen to him and get out of the car. I'm not afraid of him right now but I also don't want to push his temper, if I can avoid the beast that use to be Harry Styles I will do anything it takes. Including this "I'm sorry Harry, I shouldn't be snapping at you. You had your reasons for lying to me and I understand them, I'm just shocked is all and hurt."

Unexpectedly, Harry pulls me close and wraps me in a hug "I just don't want to lose you again Anna, and I don't want to lose Shaya. I love you both so much."

"We love you too Harry."

•••••••••••

Harry's POV

Relief washed through me as she said those five little words. - We love you too Harry - Those words alone are enough to completely wipe my mind of all anger and aggression. My heart melts and I become reduced to a soppy puddle of a man. I've learned to accept that now, that love isn't a weakness love makes you stronger, and Anna makes me a stronger man because she saved me with those words all those years ago. I hated lying to her, but there was no way I was going to risk losing her again. I was not going to lose another baby, even if it wasn't technically mine, so I had no other choice but to lie about those tests.

"I love you too baby, I love you more than you could ever know. You and Shaya are my everything, you're my entire world. I couldn't risk losing you, even if that meant lying again... I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry."

Anna looks up at me, tears staining her beautiful face "Can we go home Hazza? I don't want to be here anymore, your the only man I need in my life and my daughter's life-"

I was about to jump for joy, okay maybe not jump, but I was going to be excited. However our little moment of happiness was interrupted by someone clapping behind us.

"That was beautiful Styles, truly, I'm touched! Almost shed a few tears myself"

Turning around and slowly putting Anna behind me I see whose talking... Ezra.

"Now why would you bring her here? Are you that stupid, one against three? Not a good move on your part Styles."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Three? Who else did you con into doing your dirty work for you?"

Ezra smirks "someone you forgot all about, an old long lost friend of yours."

Groaning in annoyance I pull out my gun and slowly rise it towards Ezra's head "can we cut the bullshit already, who's the sad sap you brought into this?!"

"Luke, remember him Harry? The Direction member you left bleeding out in that ally. He isn't so happy with you, he actually contacted me, wanted to get revenge... I thought it was a great idea, so did Ben."

Anna holds on to me tighter, her hands shaking. "It'll be okay." I whisper to her

"No it won't" a voice says from behind us, a voice I haven't heard in a long time.

Luke.

A/N

Hello everyone!

So if you don't know who Luke is I suggest you go read the Unexpected Prequel, he is in that book for a short amount of time.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to Comment and Vote ❤️❤️❤️

Love you guys!

- LadyBugg7137❤️