Chapter Six - History

Ezra's POV

It was easier than I thought it would be. I hated him sure, Harry ruined my life, but a long time ago he was my friend. I willingly joined Direction because I wanted to help him out, I wanted Harry to succeed. Back then I never would have thought our lives would come to this, I would have laughed if someone had told me about the events of tonight. Harry and I were close until he changed, he turned into a completely different person and blamed me for most of his undoing. I was hurt and angry, but I also knew some of his accusations were true. I did love Anna and I would have given anything to call her mine, even if that meant Harry and I's friendship would crash and burn. Losing a brother was worth it to me if I had Anna by my side... unfortunately she didn't feel the same.

"I told you I wanted to be the one to do it, I thought we had an understanding!"

I chuckle at Luke and his naive ways. He's smart but right now, he just doesn't get it. "I did say that didn't I? Oops. I'll tell you what, go ahead and drag him back up here, bring him outside and put a couple more holes in him. Maybe you'll feel better. I know I would love to see that."

Luke shakes his head "Or maybe I'll head over to Harry's place, pay Anna and your little girl a visit. She was beautiful and I'm sure she'll be lonely now that Harry is gone-"

Rage starts to consume me, the deal was that Anna stays out of this and unharmed. However I can't lose my head I have to think of something to do to keep Luke under control. Something he'd never see coming. "That is a brilliant idea, I'm sure Anna would love some company, some comfort at this difficult time. How bout I join you? We'll pay her a visit together and once we're done I'll take my daughter back. Our little dilemma is solved my friend."

Luke smiles "Sounds like it, I'll go get my keys-"

I stop Luke's sentence by raising my hand "Speaking of keys, we're going to need a key to Harry's house, it's probably still on him. Go downstairs and grab it for me, will you?"

"Sure thing boss."

I cringe as Luke walks away. I never wanted to be a "boss" I hate the pressure of leading people, I hate the power that comes with it. Power is a dangerous thing when it's in the wrong hands.

Taking a deep breath I load a few more bullets into my gun and screw the silencer back on. If Luke is going to be stubborn I have no other choice. Anna can't get hurt again, I won't allow it. Besides two bodies isn't really that hard to get rid of, I'm sure Harry and Luke will both reconcile in hell. Either that or Harry's couple years as a saint will be enough to send him to "the good place". It really doesn't matter, as long as both of them are gone my life will be ten times better... and so will Anna's.

I'm met with a gust of cold wind when I walk down the basement steps, confusion lacing my mind, I stop in my tracks. There are no doors down here and I bolted the windows myself, it's not possible for the basement to suddenly be freezing. Unless...

"Where is he?" I ask Luke, who is currently looking up at a broken window.

"I didn't see anything, I don't know where he went I thought he was dead-"

"NOT Styles! Fucking, Ben you idiot! Where is he?"

Luke turns around to face me "I haven't seen him since we were all outside..."