Chapter 1

Uzumaki Naruto. The son of the fourth hokage, son of the red hot-blooded habenaro. Practically a hero.
That's what Minato Namikaze wanted his son to be called when he gave up his life for the little blonde.

But that wasn't the case.

Uzumaki Naruto. Trouble. Always causing trouble.
A demon, Monster. The Jinchuriki of the Nine tailed fox, Kyuubi.
That's what the villagers saw him as.
The fact that he was a hero, Was blinded by the Kyuubi that was sealed inside him. The Villagers truly believed the child was a basic reincarnation of the Nine tails itself.

And that's what brings us here today.

The blonde ran through the forest, Constantly throwing glances behind him as if he was being hunted. Maybe it was because that statement was true. He was being followed. No, Chased- More accurately hunted.
The rain was loud, but not loud enough to block out the hate that spoke from the angry villagers mouths.
The boy's feet barely made a sound as they padded across the wet terrain filled with rocks. Without even realizing it, He had ran all the way up to the hokage monument.
The boy took short and uneven breaths as he was exhausted from the running.
His pace slowed down into a complete stop. He glanced around. Behind, Up, To the left, To the right, Down?
Nobody in sight. He must have lost them.
He took a deep breath to steady his gasps before taking a seat on one of the hokage's stone head. The one he sat upon? The one he admired, The Yondaime, Fourth Hokage.
Little did he know that this legend was his father. The resemblance was shocking, But the boy was naive. Too naive for his own good.
"I wish I could be as admired as you someday" The blonde's voice came out hoarse and weak. "Maybe then the Villagers would treat me like I'm somebody"
The corners of his mouth raised into a smile. "That's why I'll be hokage!"
He got excited even though nobody was watching. "I, Uzumaki Naruto will become hokage. And everyone will admire me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiraiya was doing his late night 'research' at the hot springs. The darkness clouded the sky causing it to be difficult to see through the fence- Errr.. The paper... Difficult to see the paper.
He decided to wrap it up for the day. He gathered his books and papers together and stuffed them into his sack before throwing it over his shoulder. 
He felt a few raindrops splashing on his forehead. The few drops of water amounted into a full rainstorm. Jiraiya sighed and pulled an umbrella from his back before extending it and flipping it open. He trudged through the puddles wearily while examining the area. He barely was watching where he was going.
Suddenly he had bumped into something. Or more like someone bumped into him. His head shot forward as he caught his balance.
He caught a glimpse of a blonde child. The kid was running. Jiraiya shrugged it off. Its not uncommon to see a kid running from their parents or something.
He continued walking, But couldn't get one step farther before practically being trampled by angry villagers. He recoiled and watched.
Is that what that kid was running from?
Jiraiya stood there for a moment in silence.
He shrugged and jumped to the rooftops, Making a final decision to follow the crowd.
The villagers seemed to be loosing track of the child. Jiraiya stayed in pursuit of the blonde.
The child had made his way to the hokage monument and when Jiraiya had reached him, He was sitting upon the fourths head.
From the back, He actually looked like the fourth.
Jiraiya smiled. He knew exactly who the boy was.
Naruto Uzumaki.

Actually he only realized that because the kid had just shouted his own name.
But thats besides the point.

The blonde stood up from his perch and began jogging to the forest. Coincidentally, He ran right into Jiraiya.
Naruto skidded into a stop when he saw the tall sage standing before him. He raised his arms up to his head in a defensive position, But lowered his guard when he didn't feel an impact.
Instead of seeing the angry face of a villager with their hand up in the air, He was greeted a friendly smile and a hand holding out an umbrella. Naruto stood there and stared at the sage with a little confusion.
"Here kid. Take the umbrella" The sage smiled warmly.
Naruto hesitantly held out his shaky arm after a long pause. He took the umbrella carefully from the mans hand and held it above his own head.
"And dont worry about returning it. We'll meet again soon. You'll get the chance then"
And with that, The sage had disappeared in an instant with a puff of smoke, Leaving the poor Naruto utterly confused.
He looked down at the handle of the umbrella he gripped tightly in his hand. It had the words 'Jiraiya' Carved into it. Naruto cracked a small smile, A real one. Something he hadn't done in a while.

Naruto, In his now slightly happier mood, skipped down the mountain and ran through the streets, Ignoring the whispers.
When he finally reached his house, He stood at the front of the door breathing heavily. "I'm home" He said as he turned the doorknob. Inside revealed nobody except his dirty apartment. Most of the mess, For example the ramen cups, Were caused by him. But on the other hand, There was faint graffiti painted on the walls. Most was from the apartment before he owned it, While the rest were newer caused by the villagers.
He closed the umbrella and leaned it against the wall.
He was drenched.
He slowly removed his soggy coat and hung it up before getting changed into his warm, Dry pyjamas.
The lights were shut off, and the blonde tucked in bed. He couldn't stop thinking about how generous that man was to give HIM, Out of all people the umbrella.
He slept like a log that night.