Chapter 4

~Naruto's POV~

I covered my face with my arms. I feared what was coming, Beside the many times it happened.

I heard a laugh from one of the men who stood before me. That was before before I felt a sharp pain in my side. I fell to the ground and hit my head with a thud. My skull was throbbing, and the same could be said for my side. Someone had kicked me to the ground and was now kicking me twice as hard in the gut.
I curled up in a ball, Trying to take up as little space as I could.
The kicking stopped, But the pain didn't. Now the man stood above me with a kunai in his hand. I could only imagine what he was about to do.
I wanted to just go to sleep and never wake up the second the sharp Kunai made contact with my skin. It started out with simple cuts, But turned into slicing, Then carving. They were carving something into my skin.
The man finished it of by dropping the kunai into my side. It wasn't deep, But it was deep enough to send my blood pouring out. I soon passed out from what I guessed to be blood loss.

~3rd POV~

Jiraiya strutted down the streets of Konoha happily. After having a chat with the son of none other than his student, He took a trip to the hot springs to do his research. Now, With his new 'knowledge', He was heading to his house.
'Hopefully this time nobody decides to crash into m-'
His thoughts were cut off when two men ran straight into him. "Sorry!" They said and continued their way down the streets.
'Guess I spoke too soon'

He shrugged it off, But then noticed the bloody kunai that one of the men held in his hand.
Jiraiya froze in confusion and looked in the direction of where they came from.
'Wouldn't hurt to check it out' He thought before changing directions to face an alley way. 'Sketchy'

He turned the corner and froze in shock.
Lying before him was a small bloodied boy. His blonde hair now stained a crimson red. Jiraiya rushed over. He hoped on his life that the boy was still breathing. And to his avail, There was still a pulse.

He picked up the boy carefully and held him tightly in his arms.

'Naruto... What happened to you...'

Jiraiya tried the hospital. He insisted they treat the injured blonde immediately, But even the doctors refused to take him in. Jiraiya got sick of this and carried Naruto all the way back to his own house, Where he cared for Naruto himself.
The kids wounds were healing faster than any child's would. In fact, Jiraiya truly believed he would be able to stand the next morning, Besides the stab wound on his side.
'It has to be the Kyuubi' Jiraiya assumed. It was the only logical answer anyways.

After treating his wounds and wrapping him in bandage's, Jiraiya placed him on the bed where he could rest. He decided it would be best for Naruto to sleep on the bed while he himself slept on the couch. And thats what they did.
Naruto slept soundly. And same could be said for Jiraiya.
Everything was okay now.

When Naruto awoke, He didn't recognize his surroundings, Which sent him into panic. He tried sitting up, But a sharp pain in his side caused him to freeze and clutch the wound in pain.
He looked at his arms. They were covered in bandages. Same with his torso. A small bandage was wrapped around his head, And a few bandaids were stuck around his face.
Suddenly he remembered what happened that night. All he could remember was a horrible pain in his side before he blacked out.
Naruto leaned up against the pillows and curled up into a ball.
'What did i do to deserve this...'
He felt a few tears form in his eyes. He let them fall down his cheeks. The room was silent besides the sniffling coming from the blonde.
"You're awake" Jiraiya said as he entered the room. This made Naruto jump and turn around quickly to face the sage. His startled expression soon faded when he recognized the man.
"Hope your hungry" Jiraiya smiled. Naruto's eyes then focused on what was in Jiraiya's hands. Two ramen noodle cups with steam floating from them were carried in his hands. Naruto's lips curved into a smile.
"Thanks old man" He gladly took the ramen from his hands and ate it like it was his last meal.
"I have a name y'know" Jiraiya added as he sat at the foot of the bed. "Its Jiraiya. Jiraiya the toad sage! Or one of the legendary saninn as most of you know.." He stood proudly.
Naruto stared at him quietly before breaking the silence. "Imma just call you Pervy sage"
Jiraiya's face went from happy to disappointed in a second. "But why??"
"Because I saw you peeking at the hot springs once!"
Jiraiya's frown deepened. "Couldn't I get a cooler nickname?" He grumbled which made Naruto laugh.

The two went off chatting again.
Jiraiya felt like he was talking to Minato himself. That thought put a crazy idea into his mind.
"I'm going to train you, Naruto" Jiraiya stated.
Naruto's eyes lit up like fire. "R-Really?" He stuttered from excitement.
Jiraiya gave a small smirk. "Yes"
Naruto almost jumped out of the bed, But was quickly stopped by his new sensei.
"Woah, Slow down Naruto" Jiraiya insisted. "Let your wounds heal first"
Naruto leaned back and pouted. "But I feel fine..."
Jiraiya shook his head. "You don't look fine. Now get some rest"
He too the bowl of finished ramen from Naruto's hands and walked out of the room, leaving Naruto to sit in silence.
Naruto wondered what had truly happened. He wanted to see for himself.
He stood up slowly from the bed, Quickly regaining his balance. Then he went to where he expected the bathroom to be. And he was right.
He stared at himself in the mirror. Bandage's covered basically his whole upper half.
He started with his arm. Slowly unraveling the bandages.
The sight that he saw was horrible.
Cuts and bruises went from his shoulder all the way down to his wrist. But what truly stood out was the word carved into his skin.

'Demon'

Naruto quickly bandaged his arm up. Seeing his arm was all he needed to feed his interest. He didn't want to know what the other arm had to offer.