Chapter 7

Naruto opened his eyes slowly to be greeted by the familiar wooden roof. He felt the soft covers under his back, And turned his head to the side when he heard Jiraiya's voice.
"Like It?" He smirked, Adjusting himself on the leather chair he sat on.
Wait, Leather chair?
Naruto sat up and examined the room around him. He was in a medium sized room with pale walls and a light wooden floor. On the wall behind him was a door, Presumably the exit. The wall across from him had a leather chair that Jiraiya sat in, And a desk with paintbrushes and ink.
Across from him was a dresser that looked familiar to the one from his apartment. Actually, When he looked closer, It was the one from his apartment.

He looked back to Jiraiya as a smile formed on his face. "This is.. Mine?" He asked.
"Yup! I guessed if you're moving in, You should have your own room" Jiraiya shrugged and stood up.
"Breakfast is ready by the way..." He added as he walked out of the room.
Naruto stayed in his bed for a while, Just smiling at himself and looking around his room.
When he finally got up, He walked over to the dresser and opened the drawers. They were filled with some of his old clothing, But new clothing was also present.
He grabbed a shirt that was blue and had the Uzumaki symbol painted on it, And some normal black sweatpants. He slipped them on quickly, Happy with his new clothes.
When he went to walk out of the room, He paused after opening the door.
Yeah, He had been through the house once when going out for training, But he never really looked at his surroundings.
But the house couldn't be too big, Right?
He walked down the hall and looked in the different rooms. One of the rooms was a bathroom, While the other looked to be Jiraiya's room.
He kept going, Taking in his surroundings and creating a map in his head.
When he finally reached the kitchen, The table had a plate of toast and eggs accompanying it. The smell that lingered throughout the room was truly irresistable, Causing Naruto to almost spring onto the table and dig right it.
He contained himself though, Walking over to the wooden chair and taking a seat, Before proceeding with his original plan and digging in.
Jiraiya could be heard chuckling from the other side of the room. Naruto looked up with a peice of bread hanging from his mouth at the amused sannin.
Jiraiya silently took a seat at the table with his own plate of breakfast.
They both ate in silence before Jiraiya broke it. "So... When's the graduation exams?" He asked.
Naruto swallowed the mouth full of food and replied. "I dunno... Like... Next week..."
Jiraiya almost spat out his drink, As he didn't expect for these exams to be beginning already.
He quickly cleared his throat and looked at Naruto.
"Wait... You're telling me that I only have one week to prepare you?"
Naruto stopped eating as well. Half because he wanted to hear what Jiraiya was saying, And half because he already had finished.
"Yeah, I guess" He shrugged.
Jiraiya looked down at his plate in thought.
"Alright" He pushed his chair back and stood up. "Get dressed. We're going to the training fields"
Naruto nodded and followed his orders by rushing to his room. Quickly slipping on his signature orange jumpsuit, He smiled gleefully at this chance to be trained by this powerful shinobi.
He preferred not to show it, But he felt like getting on a table and doing a happy dance.
When he returned he saw that Jiraiya was already at the door with an umbrella in his hands. That's when he noticed that it was pouring outside. The sight made him grumble. But hey, It's training. And that also means enduring.
When Jiraiya saw Naruto enter the room, He gladly opened the door, Allowing the loud sound of the rain to echo through the once slightly silent house.
Naruto skipped over with a spring in his step as he shuffled over to allow the black umbrella to cover both himself and his sensei.
Jiraiya made sure to lock the door before they walked down the now muddy path that led through the town.
Naruto would've taken the backroad if he was by himself, But having Jiraiya close next to him made him feel so much safer. He felt as if he could ignore the stares.
It also helped that Jiraiya was giving dirty looks to the people glaring at the young boy. Every time he'd see one of the hateful glares, He'd return the look with a stare that held much more hate. This would cause the passing civilian to look away immediately.

It took a while, but they reached the training grounds eventually. The ground had now become riddled with puddles of dirty water and thick mud. Making Naruto look less forward to this day of work.
Naruto's legs threatened to just spin around and ditch that area. And he would have if it weren't for Jiraiya stopping him in his tracks.
"Training is enduring" He'd say, Holding up a finger as if trying to look wise.
"We train now and you pass, Or we dont and you fail miserably"
"But.... It's so muddy!" Naruto complained.
"Well if you fail the test you'll never become Hokage..." Jiraiya added, Speaking softly in a grumble.
Naruto immediately focused his attention to the smiling sannin. "Alright then! Lets do this!"

As the day went on, Naruto practiced mostly his shadow clones. And the weather didn't help at all. By the time the rain clouds cleared, Naruto looked like he just jumped into a river while Jiraiya looked like nothing happened at all.
As for the shadow clone training, He improved drastically only because of that chakra control exercise. He was able to divide his chakra into a total of four clones, Which was actually pretty good for his age.
The training continued into the transformation jutsu and soon ended at that.
And the cause for that was Jiraiya's serious nosebleed from Naruto's....
Interesting Jutsu.

God I've been procrastinating on this chapter for so long... Hnnnnn..... I'm relieved it's finally finished, But now I gotta go work on the next one.

Anyways, I can't believe the overwhelming support for this book. Over 735 reads at only seven chapters. Thanks.