Chapter 5

Over 200 views already?
Can't thank you enough.

Naruto lied in the bed, contemplating. Just as he was going to call for Jiraiya, Coincidentally he entered the room.
"How're you feeling Naruto?"
Naruto sat up and looked at the floor.
"Why does everyone hate me?" He finally blurted out. "Why do people call me a demon? Why?!"
Jiraiya was about to say something, But Naruto didn't give him the chance to speak.
"Why do they call me the kyuubi? Am I a monster? What am I??"
Jiraiya stopped him before he could say anything else. "You're Naruto Uzumaki. Nothing else. Dont listen to them"
Naruto shut his eyes which were welling up.
"No... I dont want that stupid answer again" He growled. "I want to know..."

Jiraiya gave a short sigh. "I was expecting you to say that" His eyes stayed locked on the floor.

"Twelve years ago, October 10th, The Kyuubi, Nine tails, attacked the village"
Jiraiya continued. "It was said the fourth hokage killed the beast, But he actually sealed it inside someone"

"That someone, Was you, Naruto"

Everything started to make sense at last.

"Oh..."

Jiraiya sighed. "I was gonna save it, But you insisted"
He decided to leave the subject of his parents. It was already enough trouble that Naruto knew about the nine tails.

Naruto slumped back in the bed, Pulling the covers up to his chin.

"Are you upset?" Jiraiya asked.
"A little... I wish someone told me before" A small smile covered his face. "But now I know the villagers had a reason"
Jiraiya frowned. "That fact doesn't give them any reason"
"They're just after revenge... I dont blame them"
Jiraiya stood up to make himself look taller. "Well they still have no right to do that to a child!"
Naruto reluctantly agreed.
He's too nice..

Jiraiya started walking to the doorway before stopping and looking back at the blonde.
"Get some rest. Tomorrow we start training"

Naruto nodded and closed his eyes.
"I'd like to see this Kyuubi for myself"

When he opened his eyes, He wasn't greeted with the warm wooden roof of Jiraiya's house. He was greeted with a cold stone ceiling, Almost like that of a sewers. The corners were lined with steel pipes, And the floor seemed to be completely water.
Naruto sat up and looked around frantically in a panic. "Pervy sage?!" He called. No answer.
A faint, But large amount of chakra radiated from one of the doorways in the distance. Even Naruto, A child with little talent could sense it.
He stood to his feet shakily, And faced the direction of the door, Staying silent for however many seconds passed.
He finally made his decision. They was nothing else he could do, So he followed his gut and walked to the door. Through it was a large room. The roof seemed to never end and the walls stretched out far, Giving the illusion of a never ending lake of thin water.
Besides that, What really caught his attention was a large cage. The only thing keeping the gates shut was a seal. The outer lines of the cage was lined with a metal design, Giving the area an ominous look.

Naruto approached the cage in wonder and confusion.
"Hello?" He called to the cage, His voice echoing throughout the room
No response. This left Naruto confused. Mainly because he just woke up in the middle of the sewers and found a giant cage- but also because no one was found.
He glanced at the cage before turning around and beginning to walk off.

"So you have come...." A dark, hoarse voice rang from within the cell. Naruto turned around slowly to where the voice came from. "Who are you...?" He called.
"Nothing special... Only the whole reason those pathetic humans hate you..."

Two blood red eyes revealed themselves from the shadows behind the bars. They were soon accompanied by a large grin, The mouth layered with sharp canines.

This has to be him then. Naruto thought.
"You're the Kyuubi?"

The Kyuubi let out a slight laugh. "That's right"

Naruto stood in silence for a while before finally speaking up.
"You look like an oversized dog" He said plainly.

The fox's face went from amused to upset in a matter of a second.
"What did you just call me?" He spat, Anger evident in his voice.

"An oversized dog?" Naruto shrugged. "I mean, I guess I can see a fox too"

The Kyuubi let out a growl. "Do you think I am a joke!?"

"Well, Not exactly" Naruto added. "You're more of a... Grumpy joke"
He smiled slightly. Not to lie, Naruto was a little frightened. The amount of killing intent this fox gave off was pretty big, But it's not like he should be scared of something he's been with his whole life. Right?

"Look" The Kyuubi growled. "If you could just remove the seal off the cage, I'd appreciate it"
Naruto stayed silent as he stared up at the oversized fox, Almost with a dumbfounded look.
"I may look the part but I'm not that dumb" He said. "Even I know what that seal does"
Obviously the kid wasn't going to listen.
"Hey, What's you're name?"
The kyuubi looked down at the blonde with confusion. His confused expression soon shifted into a neutral one, Though a little anger was evident in his fire red eyes. "And why would you need to know that?" He spat.
"Because I don't think the name 'Kyuubi' Suits you" Naruto shrugged. "I mean, You do have a name, Right?"
The kyuubi glared down at the young blonde. "I don't feel the need to tell you"
Naruto frowned at the stubbornness of the fox. "Fine.." He folded his arms and glanced around the room, Leaving an awkward silence.
"Oh come on, Pleeeaaseee..?" He looked up at the fox with his puppy-dog eyes.
The Kyuubi gave a growly sigh and narrowed his eyes. "Leave"

And with that, His vision faded into a pitch black.