Chapter 2

Naruto's eyes opened slowly, but closed immediately after seeing the bright light that shone through his window. He threw the covers over his head in hopes that he could get a few extra minutes of sleep, but after a few seconds of lying under the covers, He finally realized what day it was.
"Oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot!"
He threw the covers off himself. His clothes which seemed to be dry now awaited him beside his bed. He grabbed them from the floor and quickly slipped them on.
He completely forgot about breakfast, Of course. He was too busy jittering in excitement about what was coming up at the academy today.
"Field trip!" He shouted as he ran out the door, fumbling to get his keys and locking it behind him.

He skipped happily down the wooden steps of the appartement and splashed through the mud that had been created that night from the rainstorm. Naruto was getting his shoes dirty- Like he cared.
He was barely watching where he was going. Blinded by the excitement. First of all, He wouldn't be late today. Surprisingly.

His running was immediately cut off when he tripped over something. The world seemed to go in slow motion as he went flying to the ground. Straight into a mud puddle.

"Hey. Watch where you're going dobe"

Naruto lifted his head to see Sasuke.

Great. Just great.

He spat out the mud that made its way into his mouth, And stood up quickly.
"You watch where you're going! You tripped me!"

Sasuke scoffed "Whatever"
And there he left the mud covered blonde.
Naruto sighed. Now I have to go all the way back home.

And there he went. He trudged through the town in low spirits. There goes being early.
After a long trip home, He changed his muddy clothes and took another long trip back to the academy. This time he was more careful not to bump into anyone.

"Naruto! You're late!" Iruka grumbled. "Sorry! I tripped and fell into some mud-"
"I don't want to hear it. Just go sit down"
Naruto gave a long sigh as he went back to his desk.

"Now who can tell me the three main Jutsu types!"

Naruto ignore Iruka's teachings most of the time. He just stared out the window like he was in a daze.
"Naruto!" Sakura whispered loudly from beside him. "Are you paying attention?"
Naruto shook himself out of his daze and looked to Sakura with a wide smile. "Yup!"
"Well you dont look like it!"
Naruto looked up at the teacher who was already rounding up kids for their field trip. Naruto quickly stood up at the realization that they were getting ready.

"I want you all to stay close!" Iruka shouted from the front of the class as they followed him to a forest.
One of the students raised their hand eagerly.
Iruka noticed this and pointed them out.
"Yes Ino?"
"What are we doing in the forest anyways?" She asked in her usual innocent voice.
"Well, We're going to go see an ancient artifact placed here by the fourth hokage" Iruka flashed everyone a grin. "Its underground, Protected by a seal that only he specifically can open"
Ino cocked her head. "Well whats the point then?" She asked. "If its a seal only he can open, We wont be able to see the artifact"
Iruka sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Ino... Just... Go along with it"
He grumbled and turned back to the path. "Alright! No more questions?" He asked but almost immediately interrupted with "Then let us be off"
The students who had questions slowly lowered their hands.
And just like that, They were off.
There was still a few mud puddles from the rain. Naruto, Unlike some of the students was paying attention to where he was going. He didn't want a repeat of what happened that morning.

As they were walking down the trail, The path split into three. Thats where Iruka stopped to inform the students of some kind of trail thing. Naruto wasn't listening of course.
A few kids approached Naruto while he was in his daze.
"Hey, Naruto!" One of them poked his shoulder. Naruto sprung back into reality and jumped at the sudden contact. Some of the kids behind the first one snickered because of the startled Naruto.
"I heard theres an even cooler artifact over there" The kid pointed down the opposite trail of where they were going.
"Really?!" Naruto's eyes lit up.
"Yeah! I bet if you can get it, You can be our friend"
Naruto formed a big cheesy grin. "Okay!"

While Iruka was chatting away about the signs, And more specifically about the dangers of the path that the little naive boy had just been told to follow, Naruto snuck away.
He could barely contain his glee. Friends! I'll have friends!

What he couldn't tell was that the path he walked down was getting darker by the minute. The air had a weird feel to it. But Naruto ignored it.

A large clearing soon came into view from Naruto's perspective. Something was off though. The whole forest had been dark, While this certain clearing was sunny. The grass was long and soft, With a few flowers that poked out once and a while. In the middle of the clearing, There was a box.
'That must be the artifact!" He thought.

He approached the clearing. He was right, The grass was soft. Way too long though. The place looked like it was so uncared for and had been sitting there for years without a sight of humanity. Heck, It was believable and probably true.
He shuffled his way through the long grass. His excitement grew the closer and closer he got to the box.
The box had no seals, No locks. Nothing to protect in. He didn't think much of it though.
Just as he was about to open the box, Something triggered. A snapping sound and a tight rope wrapping around Naruto's ankle was enough to send him flying Into the air.
Great. Now he was hanging from a branch in the middle of nowhere.