Chapter 8

So so so sorry I didn't update for so long. My close friend passed away and I was trying to cope.
Anyways I just realized how many errors are in this book, So I hope you dont mind. I'm too lazy to go fix them anyways. Aaaand also I like completely forgot logic existed so feel free to correct me in the comments.

Naruto skipped down the streets with a large smile plastered on his face.
Meanwhile, Jiraiya walked calmly. They had just gotten back from a long training session and Naruto, Besides being practically worn out, Was still as happy as ever.
Well, The reason behind it was Jiraiya had bribed Naruto to leave the training grounds with ramen. And that's where they were heading now. To Ichiraku ramen.
"Hey Naruto!" The familiar voice of Ayame, The daughter of the ramen shops owner called from the stand. Naruto's grin widened as he ran over to the shop, Almost sliding of the chair when he landed on it.
"The usual?" Teuchi, The ramen shop owner cut in before Naruto could say anything.
"Yup! And make that two!"
As if being called, Jiraiya lifted up the small curtains of the shop and plopped himself down next to Naruto.
"Alright then!" Teuchi gave a smile to the sage and went to the back of the shop to prepare the ramen.
Naruto was practically vibrating in his seat.
"What are you so excited about?" Jiraiya asked. "Besides the Ramen of course.."
Naruto looked to Jiraiya. "The Genin exams are coming up!" He pumped his fist in the air. "I feel ready! For once!"
Jiraiya let out a small chuckle. "That's great to hear, Naruto" He looked ahead as he saw Teuchi re-approaching them with two bowls of fresh ramen.
The bowls were then placed in front of him and Naruto.
"When are they again?" Asked Jiraiya, Thanking Teuchi and Taking a sip out of the bowl.
"Tomorrow!" He said enthusiastically. (Shhhhh I know this timeline doesn't make sense)
Jiraiya almost choked on his ramen. "Tomorrow?!" He gagged.
"Yup!" Naruto said before also thanking Teuchi and slurping up his ramen.(Quite loudly)
Jiraiya still had many things he wanted to teach Naruto before the exams. For example, How to use the Kyuubi's chakra. He frowned inwardly, But quickly shrugged it off.
Naruto was ready, He guessed. There was nothing else he could do at that moment.

Naruto finished his food in almost an instant. After slamming his fist on the table and letting out a breath he shouted; "DONE!!"

At that point Jiraiya was only half way done.
"That kid can sure eat" He thought.

Making their way home was so much easier than the past. There was barely any glares, And very little whispers. Of course, There still was some, But seeing the kid with a sannin caused the more violent citizens to step down and cower a little. This of course didn't stop one drunk to throw a bottle, Which was shrugged off like a feather when Jiraiya caught it in his hand with ease. This caused the guy to get angry, But quickly passed out from probably too much alcohol. Sometimes Jiraiya wondered why so many people enjoyed poising their body with sake, But he couldn't argue. He did it sometimes too. To be clear he didn't throw bottles at people.

When they made it home, Naruto quickly passed out on his bed, While Jiraiya enjoyed the comfort of his own bed.

It was only four hours later that Jiraiya woke up to crying.

He rushed in his half asleep state to Naruto's room, Where he believed to hear the noise coming from. And he was correct.
He saw the dark figure of Naruto hunched over in his bed.
"Naruto?" Jiraiya said sleepily.
Naruto quickly rubbed his eyes and stayed silent.
"Did ya have a nightmare?" Jiraiya asked.
He saw Naruto's head bob up and down, Indicating his answer to be yes.
Jiraiya sighed. Not in disappointment, But in sympathy. He then sat on Naruto's bedside.
"Would you tell me what it's about?" He asked. Naruto shook his head from side to side.
Jiraiya frowned although it couldn't be seen in the darkness. Ideas raced through his mind as there were many, Many possibilities to what Naruto could have such a frightening dream about.
He did the only thing he could do. Which was comforting him. He gently rubbed a hand on Naruto's back as he let the blonde cry. It was much needed anyways.

It took a while but Jiraiya managed to get him back to sleep. He sighed as he looked down at the boys red, tear stained cheeks.
He let out a yawn, Standing and stretching out his arms. What time was it? He wondered, looking over to the alarm clock on Naruto's bedside. One o'clock in the morning. No wonder he was so tired.

He dragged himself back to his own bed, Making himself comfortable in the warm sheets. He quickly fell asleep without thought.

Naruto was awake before him. How could he tell? By a sudden pain in his abdomen when he was woken by a happy little smiling blonde who had jumped on him. "It's exam day!!" He cheered, Shaking Jiraiya's shoulders.
"And why are you so happy about this?" Jiraiya grunted as the weight was lifted off him when Naruto jumped to the window, Opening the blinds. Jiraiya covered his eyes, Blinded by the morning light.
"Get upppp" Naruto whined, Wrapping his hand around Jiraiya's wrist and tugging.
Naruto was definitely stronger than expected as Jiraiya practically fell out of the bed. Naruto let out a snort, as if holding in laughter.

"Alright... I'm up." Jiraiya hummed as he pushed himself to his feet. Naruto cheerfully followed him as he made his way down to the kitchen. Although Naruto was begging for instant noodles as a "breakfast", Jiraiya just poured him a bowl of simple cereal.

It was quickly gobbled up, And the ecstatic soon-to-be Chunin was sent on his way.

Alright knowing me I'm probably not going to update for a while soooo
I'll try, Sorry.