Singing to the Vampires

Hanbun Hanbun

Omae wa hanbun

Inu to omae de hitotsu zutsu

Keredo omae wa hanbun dake

Omae no tamashii hanbun dake

Mou hanbun doko e itta?

"You've always had such a nice voice, Yuki-chan." Kou said. "Arigato, Kou. Do you know where Yui is?" I asked. "She's out in the garden with Yuma." He said. "Okay. Do you mind if I go to your library?" I asked. "Not at all." Kou smiled.

I went to the library and took a seat as I began to write down more song lyrics. "In here again, Yuki?" Ruki asked as he appeared beside me. "Yes." I answered, emotionlessly. I wrote down a few more lyrics until Ruki took a seat next to me and laid his head on my lap.

"Sing." He mumbled. "I beg your pardon?" I asked. "I want you to sing for me." He said. I stared down at him for a moment before putting my journal and pencil on the small table next to me. "What song would you like me to sing?" I asked.

"Any one is fine." Ruki said. "Very well." I replied. I closed my eyes and began to sing to him.

I'm lost, so lost

Will I be able to see the sky again?

Oh, please

One more day

Wishing, praying

Won't someone allow this shadow of a girl to see one more day?

Remember, remember

Please remember who I used to be

Who am I?

Who am I?

I'm a puppet in their game

Dreaming of a life I never had

I gently stroked Ruki's hair as I continued to sing.

Remember, remember

Please remember who I used to be

Who am I?

Who am I?

My reality's slipped away

Xion, Xion

Remember, remember, please remember who I used to be
(Isn't this the name they gave me?)

Who am I? Who am I? My identity is lost
(Promise... my friends... I'm still here)

Remember, remember

Please remember who I used to be

Who am I?

Who am I?

Who was I supposed to be?

"Like an angel, your voices soothes my ears." Ruki commented. "Arigato." I thanked. Ruki kept his eyes closed as I continued to gently stroke his hair. Later that day, I went to Yui's room and found her on the floor.

I quickly ran over to her and began to shake her shoulders. "Yui. Yui, wake up." I said, calmly as I continued to shake her shoulders. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at me. "Yuki-chan..." She said, softly. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes." Yui answered. I noticed there was rose petals on the floor. "Kou was here, wasn't he?" I stated. "Um, yes. How did you know?" She asked. "Because I saw him with roses earlier," I sighed. "Come on." I said, helping her to her feet.

"Kou-kun, you really ought to clean up after yourself." I said before sighing again. I walked down the hallway and found Yuma, Ruki, and Azusa in the living room. "Ruki-kun, sorry to disturb you, but have you seen Kou-kun?" I asked.

"Do you need him for something?" He asked. "Well, in a way. He left a mess in Yui's room... On second thought, I'll clean it up myself." I said, heading to the kitchen to get a broom and dustpan.

I went back to Yui's room and swept the rose petals in the dustpan, then dumped them in the trash. I glanced back at Yui as she stared at me. "Is there something wrong?" I asked. "No, it's just that... Well, I noticed how quiet you've been." She said.

"I've always been quiet." I stated, emotionlessly. "I know, but... today you're more quiet than usual." Yui noticed.

"Have I now?"

"Yes."

"I see," I left her room when I heard the front door close. "Stay here." I said before going to the front door. There, stood Kou as he was soaking wet. "Kou-kun, you're soaking wet." I said. "Oh, Yuki-chan. Hi." He greeted. "Hi." I said back.

"Let's go to your room. I'll dry you off." I offered. "Hai, Yuki-chan!" He replied in a cheery voice. When he got to his room, I closed the door. "Take off your clothes before you catch a cold." I said, emotionlessly. "Hai, Yuki-chan." He said and did as I said.

I glanced back and noticed he was struggling with the buttons on his shirt. "Here, let me do it." I offered as I undid the buttons for him. "How was work today?" I asked. "It was okay. You know, same old, same old." Kou replied as I was done with the buttons.

I took off his shirt and threw it on the chair with his jacket. I heard Kou chuckle. "What's so funny?" I asked, facing him. "Nothing. You're just so cute, and nice. It makes me wanna hug you." He said. "Hug?" I repeated in an emotionless tone.

Kou chuckled again before hugging me. I stayed emotionless as he hugged me. When was the last time I felt the warmth in hugs? "Ne, Yuki-chan, why don't you sleep with me tonight?" Kou suggested.

"Sure. Whatever makes you happy." I said, emotionlessly. I went back to my room and got changed in my light blue nightgown, then went back to Kou's room. Kou and I got in the bed and went to sleep.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, I heard Kou gasp, making me open my eyes. "Stop!" I heard him say. I sat up and looked at him. "Kou-kun?" I asked. "Please, stop." He mumbled, slightly curling up into a ball. I stared at him. "No... No... Stop!" He said louder.

I went to wake him up, but he flinched. I sighed and attempted to get out of bed to go get him some tea, but he grabbed my wrist, his face close to it. "No..." He whispered. "Kou-kun..." I whispered before gently petting his head. I put his head in my lap and continued to stroke his hair as I began to sing.

Quick A/N: (I didn't write down the lyrics because I couldn't find them)

Kou relaxed in my hold once I was done singing. I smiled down at him as I continued to stroke his hair. I kept doing that for the whole night so Kou could sleep peacefully.