Sacrifice

I felt like a prisoner. Shu made sure I was always in his sight and made sure his brothers didn't lay a finger on me. He also made sure they didn't drink my blood. But this time, Shu was in his room as I was in the living room.

If someone tried to drink my blood, he would stop them. Yui and I looked out the window, both of us deep in thought. "What are you two thinking about?" Kanato asked as he held his teddy bear in his arms with a frown. "K-Kanato-kun..." Yui said, noticing he was there.

"Is something wrong, Kanato-kun?" I asked. "Traitor," He got in Yui's face, holding his teddy bear tighter. "You belong to me, don't you? So... Why did you go with them?!" He demanded, grabbing Yui's shoulder.

"W-Well..." Yui started until Kanato placed his hand on her cheek. "You're my toy, and only mine." He said. I stood to my feet so I was directly standing in front of him. "It's not her fault she went with Mukami. If you want to take your anger out on someone, please take it out on me. She had nothing to do with it. It's my fault." I said, trying to protect my cousin.

"She's my toy! Therefore, she has to pay the consequences!" He snapped. Kanato roughly shoved me to the side, making me fall on the ground. I looked back to see him biting Yui's neck. I quickly got up and grabbed Kanato's shoulders, pulling him away from Yui.

"Don't get in my way!" Kanato yelled. He shoved me to the ground again, this time, getting on top of me as he held my arms down. "You want to be punished, too?" He demanded, frowning at me. I emotionlessly stared at him.

"Please don't hurt my cousin. She doesn't deserve this." I said as I stared at him with a blank face. He began to giggle as he smiled down at me, creepily. "You would take the punishment for her?" Kanato asked. I stared at him before answering, "Yes."

Suddenly, I felt something. Something off. "Brothers..." I whispered. "Huh?" Kanato gave me a confused look. I shoved him off of me and ran towards the door until a hand grabbed my wrist. "Where do you think you're going?" Shu demanded.

"Let me go." I ordered. "You're going back to them, aren't you? I won't let you." He said, frowning. He dragged me away from the door, leading me towards the stairs. I have to break free. My family's in trouble.

"I said, let go!" I snapped. I slapped Shu, making him let go of my wrist. I took the opportunity to run out of the house.

Shu's POV

I glared at Yuki as she ran off before placing a hand on my cheek, where she slapped me. But when I touched my cheek, I felt something cold. "Ice?" I mumbled. It melted away, turning into water as it dripped on the floor. What was that? Did that come from Yuki?

What is she?

Yuki's POV

Nonstop, I ran all the way to Mukami's house. When I got there, I saw wolves attacking Yuma, Kou, and Azusa. Where was Ruki? I saw a wolf charging at Azusa as he was cornered. Without thinking, I ran forward and shot myself in front of Azusa.

"Yuki-chan...!" Azusa said. I glanced back at him with a small smirk, then let the wolf chomp down on my shoulder. I grunted slightly and shoved the wolf away from me. "Yuki-chan!" Yuma yelled. I stumbled forward while gripping my wound, then fell forward on the ground.

"Yuki-chan! Dammit, what were you thinking?!" Yuma yelled at me with a frown. "Yuki-chan... Why?" Azusa asked, disbelief written on his face. "I wanted to protect you... My brother... I couldn't let anything happen to you... If I did... I would never forgive myself," I smiled a weak smile.

"Take care... of my cousin." I whispered before closing my eyes. "Yuki-chan! Yuki-chan!"