Yuki's Secret

Yui's POV

"Azusa-kun, why did you bring me back here?" I asked. He didn't answer as he lead me to Yuki's room. There, was Kou, Ruki, and Yuma, huddling near Yuki's bed. They stepped out of the way and my eyes widened at what I saw.

Yuki lied on her bed, the upper half of her body bandaged as blood bled through the bandages. "She's still alive, but she lost a lot of blood. At this rate, she'll..." Yuma trailed off until he started speaking again. "Because she's not a vampire, Yuki-chan will most likely die." Ruki said.

"How... did this happen?" I asked, horrified. "Yuki-chan... saved me from the wolves... It's all my fault." Azusa said. So, that's why she ran out of the house. "It's not your fault, Azusa-kun. Yuki-chan..." Kou trailed off as he lowered his head.

"Why did wolves attack here?" I asked. "It's weird, right... but we don't even know either." Kou said. I looked at Yuki as tears gathered in my eyes. "Yuki-chan was always like this." Yuma said. "What do you mean?" I asked.  

"Everything changed when Yuki-chan came into our lives. She was always helping us, taking care of us. She never thought about herself once. But... the strange part about her was that she never smiled. She never smiled a real smile. All the times that she did smile, they were fake. But now that I think about it, I don't know what our lives will be like now without Yuki-chan." Kou explained.  

"Is there anything we can do to save her?" I asked. "I don't think that will be necessary. Look." Ruki said. We all gathered around Yuki and saw ice of the bandage of her wound. "What is that?" Yuma asked. "Why is there ice over her wound?" Kou asked.

"Yuki-chan... What are you?" Azusa said, slowly. 

(Some time later) Yuki's POV

Am I dead? I feel weird. No, I'm clearly alive because I can feel someone's hand over mine. "I'm so sorry, Yuki-chan." That's Yui's voice I'm hearing. "You were always so kind, always so loyal. But why? Why were you always so selfless? Why didn't you call out to us whenever you were in trouble? Why didn't you... smile a real smile?" She asked.

I slowly opened my eyes and gazed at the ceiling. "Because I was scared." I answered. Yui gasped and looked at me. "I was so afraid of losing the people I loved, I made sure you and Mukami had everything you wanted, not caring what happened to me," Tears began to gather in my eyes, so I covered my eyes with my arms.

"After losing my parents, I knew I couldn't lose you, the only family I had left. I hated how you and Mukami would ask if I was alright, and I hated how you would always look at me with worry. You wanna know why I didn't show any emotion? It was because of my gift." I said.

"Your gift?" Yui asked. "I found out why my parents were killed that night... and why they named me Yuki. When I was born, I was cold and I was barely breathing as my skin was blue. I was taken to a lab so the scientists could figure out what was wrong with me. After months of treatment, I was back to normal. However... my illness didn't go away." I explained.

"What do you mean, Yuki-chan?" Yui asked. I sat up in bed and looked towards the ceiling. Snow began to gently fall down from the ceiling, making Yui gasp in surprise. "The cold virus that was trying to kill me became a part of me. Whenever I expressed emotions, snow would appear. They kept me in that lab for further testing until they said something as unstable as me... couldn't live on. So, my parents took me away, tried to hide me. But they failed. The scientists killed my parents and tried to kill me, too, but they couldn't find me as I was hiding in that closet. I didn't understand why I didn't cry or why I didn't mourn over their deaths. In order to keep people safe, I locked away my emotions." I said, and made it stop snowing.  

I looked out the window and gazed up at the bright moon. "Every night, I feared how I would lose my family again. That's why I did all the things I did, why I was so selfless. I just wanted everyone to be happy and forget about me!" I pulled my knees to my chest as I began to cry.

Yui hugged me as I cried. "Yuki-chan... Gomenne. If only I had saw how much you were suffering." Yui said. I hugged her back, crying into her shoulder. "All I wanted... was to be normal. But... I don't see how that's going to happen now." I said.

"Don't cry, Yuki-chan," I lifted my head off Yui's shoulder and saw Kou standing near my door. "So what if you're not normal. That's what makes you cool." Kou said. "You knew the whole time?" I asked.

"Yeah, we did, and we don't care." Yuma said as he appeared in the room. "We... love you, Yuki-chan. We were... never afraid of you..." Azusa said, appearing in the room as well. I looked near the window again and saw Ruki standing there with his back facing me.

"Ruki-kun..." I asked, looking at him. "Whether you're human or a freak, it doesn't matter. You're apart of this family, and that's that." He said. I smiled at him before getting out of bed and walking over to him.

I hugged his back, smiling gently as my eyes were closed. "Thank you... My brother." I said. "Group hug!" Kou announced before hugging me and Ruki. I smiled... and I felt happy. I was happy.