Chapter 4

Jace's P.O.V:

Me and Clary split up, I went to get us something to eat and she continued to the training room, as I got to the kitchen Izzy, Alec, Magnus and Lydia were there eating breakfast, "good morning everyone" I said "good morning" Alec responded "you look in a good mood" he continued, I looked at him "and what's so wrong about That?" I asked "nothing it's good seeing you like that, what's the occasion?" He asked "can't I just be happy?" I asked with a grin on my face "of course you can but with this smile splattered on your face I know there is more to it" he answered back "well you're right brother, there more to it, drop by the training room when you are done eating" I grabbed two doughnuts and left through the kitchen door not before catching Magnus giving me a knowing smile and my smile got bigger.

As I walked into the training room, I saw it was just me and Clary, she sat on floor doing warm up and stretching, I sat next to her and handed her one doughnut, we ate them quickly and got up, she went to her bag and pulled out her weapons, two seraph blades her parents old blades, her mother's was called 'Gabriel' her father's was called 'Michael' after her father was defeated with the help of her mother, Luke, my parents Maryse and Robert, her parents blades were brought to the calve, they complete each other, therfore both of them were deposited, Clary, Seb, Izzy and Si were only a year old when that happened, me, alec and John were three we don't remember much and especially didn't remember each other, I stayed with my parents in Idris and Maryse and Robert moved to the New York institute, on her angelic rune ceremony Clary had to choose her designated weapons and those two were calling for her, though her true power was her rune creating gift that came with her being an angel, only later did we find out the story behind them, though today she considers Luke her father, she at least has some shadow of the man her father used to be before insanity took over him.

After grabbing her blades she whispered their names and they got activated we took our stances before each other, at first we circled one another, neither of us making a move observing weaknesses and openings, though with each other we already knew everything, we heard footsteps approaching but we ignored them, all but taking a tiny glance seeing Alec, Izzy, Lydia, Robert and Maryse standing there watching us "is that the new girl?" I heard Izzy ask "yes, she's the new head of the institute it's going. to be interesting seeing her and Jace spear" Maryse answered her, Lydia grumbled something about the fact I never agree to spear with her, but instantly spear with the new redhead girl, and just then Seb and Si entered the room introducing themselves and watch us spear, eventually Clary made the first move trying to strike me with her right hand blade though I blocked it, I tried going to a lower cut with my sword but she expected it and blocked my attack with both her blades, she then went to offensive trying her hardest to throw me off balance by attacking me reputedly with both blades as I tried to block her strikes with my sword, as she was concentrating on her assault I took that chance to grab her right hand that was about to strike with her blade again and pull it a little to make her go off balance and stumble, she regained balance quickly though and spoon around to attack me again this time with her left hand blade, I blocked her with my sword, and we both stopped for a second staring at each other, I had to use this opportunity to get her agitated "not bad... Not as fluid as me, but not bad" I could see a small smile grace her beautiful lips and determination dancing in her mesmerizing emerald eyes, then out of nowhere she spoon around aiming her assault with her right hand to strike me from above, on the last second I blocked her and as she went to swing her left hand I released her and she lost her balance and almost fell "dammit" she muttered "you got better Herondale" she said as she straightened herself up, it really has been a long time since we last speared together, and to say the least, she got much better herself, though been mates it's hard for us to surprise each other she managed to almost get me a few times, key word 'almost', if I was someone else she would've taken me out ten times by now after all she is the best female shadow hunter of our generation, me being the best male.