Chapter 6

It was late afternoon and I called everyone to the operations room,
there were fourteen new dead bodies found in the three days since I arrived, all of the victims' last seen place was at the same club, Pandemonium.

"ok everyone!" I said as we stood around the hologram table that overviewed the city map, I pointed on the area where the pandemonium, it was near 51st street on the edge of a nearby ally way, "this is pandemonium" I said as I pointed at it, then I pointed at the places where people where getting killed "this I where the people were killed, all in the same routine, all of the same five places one after the other in the same order, in what I assume is some ritual if you connect the dots at the order of the killing that is what comes out" I said as I connected the dots to show them what I meant, there were a few gasps around the room, then Alec said "a pentagram, but why? what do they want to do that they need a pentagram on these scale, and out of human blood?" I shook my head and looked at him "that's what I need you to find out, go to Magnus' place tell what we found and ask him if he can find something that could explain it, Alec, Izzy, Si, Seb and Jace we are going out tonight to the source of this, pandemonium, the demons that are doing this are always there, they are following their victims to their homes and kill them there, they are hunting them down from the pandemonium but they are no random victims, they were chosen ahead of time, Alec let me know what you and Magnus found out-" I felt my phone vibrating and looked down to see I got a text message, it was from Luke, he and my mom got here last night, they are staying in an apartment they own downtown and Luke managed, through the clave, to get fake documents that allow him to imposter a police officer who was sent to help with the investigation 'Clair, there was another victim, this one managed to escape, get someone with you and come ask the questions you need, I am waiting at the crime scene, I assume I don't need to tell you what was the next targeted place'
I chuckled to myself, he knows I've been working my ass off on this investigation, I found out the pentagram and the order, I then responded with 'hey dad, I am getting a team ready, make sure the victim is ok, we are on our way. and yes I do know where the next targeted place is' I looked up and said "there was another attack here" I pointed at the place "the victim escaped but she would get attacked again tonight, to finish her off and move to the next sacrifice, we need to go to the crime scene, Simon Seb you go to the old crime scenes, see if you can find something similar between the crime scenes and find more info about the victims something that links between then except from the pandemonium, Alec you know what to do, Izzy and Jace, you are coming with me to see the new crime scene and see what the surviving victim can tell us, everyone else stay tuned and if something new comes up contact me or Alec immediately, you're dismissed" they all nodded and left. "what about me?" Lydia asked as I was about to turn around and go, "well, you stay here and supervise over everything here, let everyone know that if something important comes up to pass it to you" I said and she nodded, and turned to walk away "Lydia" I said and she turned back to me "don't let your hate for me get in the way of your duty" she looked at me and said "I don't hate you... just extremely dislike you" she said with a small apologetic smile, and me and her both chuckled a bit she than looked at the ground and then back at me "listen... Clary, I... I am really sorry for my behavior towards you and Jace and.... and the whole marriage suggestion, I am really, really sorry I just... I don't know what's going on with me lately. Can we like... start over?" she asked and offered me her hand to shake with an unsure look in her eyes, I took her hand and shook it "nice to meet you, Clarissa Morgenstern, but you can call me Clary" I said, offering her a small smile which she returned "nice to meet you Clary' Lydia Branwell" we shook hands and as we let go we nodded at each other, the last thought I had was 'that is not the Lydia I've met yesterday, something is off about her and I have a feeling it's not her fault' and with that we turned and made our way to the weapons room.

We entered the training room and took my two daggers that used to belong to my parents and Luke's old saraph blade, I would've taken my bow and arrows but it's too noticeable so I couldn't just walk around with them when I needed to pretend to be a federal agent, the blades were put in my boots as my blade was put in my holster that was covered by my leather jacket, I than looked around and saw that everyone were ready, "let's go" I said, we walked out of the weapons room, and out of the institute, there we split up; Alec to Magnus' place, Sebastian and Simon to the Brooklyn bridge where the first body was found, and Izzy, Jace and I to downtown New York, where the current potential victim is living.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Lydia's pov:

"get me a summary of the info we have on this mission and get it to my room" I said and run out of the main room where everyone where working, my head was exploding with a headache, I've tried to use an Iratze but it didn't work, it felt like someone was trying to get into my head.

I started breathing heard as I got into my room, I don't remember where I was last night, and I really tried to stay away from Jace especially after finding out he has a girlfriend, I have no idea why I even made this suggestion, I think I am seriously losing my mind, it doesn't matter how hard I try something is bursting out of me and is making me act like a total bitch to Clary and get all over Jace, I don't even like him in that way... What is going on with me?! 'nothing is going on with you my child' what?! "who are you??!!" I screamed, I didn't care who heard and how crazy I sounded 'come to me my dear' the voice said again, this time I wanted to obey it and I almost did, but I fought it harder "get out of my head!!!!" I screamed louder as I fell to my knees and griped my head between my hand, trying hard to fight the darkness 'why is this getting harder? you are getting stronger Lydia... John promised me YOU, but then the little traitor fell in love with you and tried to take you away from me! but now you are going to be mine! I said come to me!!!' and then I surrendered, the darkness surrounding me and taking me into oblivion, leaving me stuck at the back of my own head, in my own subconscious, and not remembering a thing from what I have done in the night before.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Third person's pov:

Lydia got up from the floor, if that's what you can call her, sure the body was her but everything else.... that wasn't her.
She walked to the door, opened it and got out, on the way to the office Anna passed her "Lydia, this is what you wanted, the sum-" but she was cut off when 'Lydia' said "put it in my room" as she kept walking into the office and closed the door in her face.

Inside of the office Lydia started searching, throwing everything everywhere, searching for the mortal cup Clarissa is taking everywhere with her, she then found a locked drawer tried to open it with unlocking rune, but the lock won't budge, only the head of the institute's stele could open this drawer, Lydia screamed in frustration, 'never mind that my child, come to me now, we'll find it later' Lydia got up "yes father" she said and walked out, leaving behind her a trashed office.

As she was making her way through the institute she passed through the weapons room, taking a saraph blade and then made her way out of the institute. As she got out she bumped into Clary, Jace, Izzy, Simon and Sebastian "Lydia?" Clary asked as Lydia slammed into her shoulder and kept walking down the stairs, Clary turned around and asked "Lydia? is everything okay?" Lydia stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned around, she looked at Clary and then at Jace, and then at Simon and Sebastian, she smirked with a dark look in her eyes that then turned black "he's here for you" she said and then it was like something took over her and she disappeared in inhuman speed.

And that is when Clary realized two things; the first was that someone was after Jace, her brothers and her. And the second was that Lydia's off behavior came from the fact that it wasn't Lydia... someone was controlling her, and she was about to find out who.

       ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys!

It took me a while to write this chapter, but I preffared writing and uploading a long one then be like 'ok whatever I'll just post what I've got' .

So... I hope you'll like it, and don't forget to let me knoe what you think!

Love ya'!