7

XIX.

"-what does she think she's doing-"

"-shh, you'll wake them up, you idiot-"

"-that's our sister, Tay-"

"-I'm not blind-"

"-they're in bed together! What the hell is that even supposed to mean-"

"-Chris, stop being such a child-"

You wake up with your face still pressed into Lauren's neck and her warm hands under your shirt, softly running over the bare skin of your back. For a moment, you sink into her, ignoring the whispers that have jolted you awake. But then you realize where you are, what you're doing, who you're sleeping next to and as soon as it hits you, the panic starts flooding through your body. You stir and quickly try to roll out of her arms. What are you doing? Why the hell are you in bed with her?

Lauren groans and doesn't let go of you, pressing her fingers into your skin in a way that makes you shiver.

"Hm," she hums in your ear, still half asleep. "Don't..."

You have to get away from her. You have to get out of this bed right now.

"Lauren," you say, a heavy urgency to your voice.

"... but you're soft," she mumbles.

Ok, she is clearly still dreaming because she'd never consciously say something like that to you-

"Ahem."

Your eyes fly open. You know that cough. You've been subject to that cough one too many times before for you to be able to ignore it. It's Ally's excuse-me-what-the-hell-is-going-on-here-I-did-not-sign-up-for-this cough.

You shove Lauren's hands away from your hips and jolt upwards, blinking hard against the bright light. You look around the room, pulling your shirt back down over your stomach before anyone sees. Chris and Taylor are standing at the end of the bed, looking down on you. Chris's expression is a mix of confusion, anger and something else. He's staring at you hard. Taylor's hand is on her hips and she has one of her eyebrows raised in a way that reminds you way too much of Lauren. You blush feverishly. Right behind them, Ally is standing in the doorway with two big paper bags and a bunch of coffee cups.

She coughs again. "Good morning, Mila."

"Good morning!" you say, jumping out of the bed, running a hand through your hair. "Hi, Chris. Taylor. Ally. How - how are you, what time is it, what's in the bag, what, um, what time is it - how are you?"

Ally gives you a pointed look while Taylor's eyebrow rises a little further. Chris makes a point of glaring at you, stepping forward.

"What exactly are your intentions with my sister?" he says, voice a little sharp.

Behind him, Taylor laughs and rolls her eyes. You take a sharp intake of breath, throwing Ally a panicked look. What are you supposed to answer to that? Your best friend just shrugs as though to say I'm not the one in bed with Lauren which is kind of a fair point.

"Um-" you stammer. "I don't... have... any - I mean - what?"

Chris takes another step forward, but at that point, Lauren decides to join the conversation by waking up.

"Cut it out, Chris," she groans, before her brother can continue his interrogation. She slowly sits up straight, thankfully averting her siblings' attention from your blushing face.

Taylor walks over and gives Lauren hesitant a hug, careful not to hurt her, before sitting down on the bed next to her. "Hey, good morning. How are you feeling?"