Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes (Age 14)

It was summer break and Lauren was in Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes; the joke shop George and Fred had opened. She heard a familiar yelp as someone was drenched by the Umbridge trick above her. Lauren whirled around to see Colin glaring at the toy, his face soaked. She laughed and snuck up behind him, throwing her arms around his shoulders. 

"I've got you!" she cried as he smiled. 

"Hello Lauren," Colin replied, turning around to hug her. 

"You're a bit wet," she joked. He smirked. 

"Is Marian here too?" he asked. Lauren looked around and shook her head. 

"I don't think so....Oh! Wait! If she's here, I bet I know exactly where she'll be." she said, racing to the other side of the store, pulling Colin behind her. Sure enough, Marian stood in front of the love potion display, her emerald eyes dreamy. Colin laughed. 

"I should've guessed," he insisted. 

"I'll go rescue her," Marian picked up a bottle and examined it. "Put it back,"Lauren said cautiously, like she was talking to a dog that had snagged your shoe. Marian glanced at her and smiled. 

"Hi Lauren,"she said with a sigh. 

"Put it back," Lauren repeated. Marian set down the bottle and stared at her. 

"But they really work!" she pleaded. "I'm surprised you don't want one for yourself." Lauren stared at her. 

"Why would I want a love potion?"she demanded. Marian shrugged. 

"I don't know, Colin, maybe?" she guessed. Lauren punched her in the arm and her face turned red. 

"I don't need a love potion!" she exclaimed, Colin laughing in the background. Marian smiled. 

"Well, I do." she retorted, reaching for a bottle. 

"Oh, no you don't." Lauren proclaimed, dragging her away from the display. 

"But-I WANT IT!" Marian cried like a toddler. Lauren shook her head as Colin came up to them. Her face turned slightly pink as Colin grinned smugly.

"Don't worry, you don't need a love potion. I'm yours free of charge." He declared. Lauren smirked. 

"I know, and you know it's the same for me - except that I come with a free killing package as well." she said to him and he grinned. 

"Well, if it isn't the love birds," George said from above them. He and Fred were standing on ladders in front of a display. Between the ladders, glancing at the display, was Harry. 

"Dragging away our customers, I see." Fred added, nodding at Marian. Lauren shrugged. 

"What is this stuff?" Harry asked, pointing to the stand. 

"Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder. Handy if you need to make a quick get away." The twins explained,  tossing a piece to Harry. 

"How much?" Colin questioned. 

"Three galleons," they answered. "But for you Harry, that piece is on the house." George added. And before he could protest, they ran away. 

"I could probably use some of that."Lauren said. "Good distraction if someone tries to kidnap you." Harry shook his head. 

"Why do you always think of the most deadly scenarios first?" he wondered out loud. Lauren shrugged. 

"I think of it as part of her appeal." Colin said. Lauren smiled at him. On the stairs to the store, Lauren and the others watched as Ron approached his brothers with an item from the store. 

"How much for this?" he asked. 

"Five Galleons," the twins responded simultaneously. 

"How much for me?" 

"Five Galleons," 

"But I'm your brother." The twins didn't even blink. 

"Ten Galleons." they suggested. Ron backed away, looking defeated as the others laughed. 

"Let me try,"Lauren asked, holding out her hand for the toy. Ron gave it to her with a sigh. She walked up to the twins. 

"How much for this?"she asked. The twins grinned, knowing that Ron was watching. 

"For you Lauren, it's on the house, along with everything else." They said. She thanked them as Ron protested. 

"Don't be too upset Ron," she said sweetly. "It's just because of who I am." Colin and Harry laughed. And with the knowledge that everything in the store was free for her, Lauren grabbed a piece of the Instant Darkness Power on her way out. But, because of who she was, she also noticed that Harry had kept the piece the twins gave him.