- chapter one: the vanishing of will byers [ part one ]

"you have to help him, momma!"

this is chapter 1 obviously ^^ but where it's so long i think i'm gonna split it up and i may do that for every chapter like make a part 1 and then a part 2

"something is coming. something hungry for blood." one of erin's best friends, mike, says. "a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." he continues as dustin wipes his nose. "it is almost here."

will leans forward eagerly. "what is it?" he asks.

"what if it's the demogorgon?" dustin speaks up looking around the group. erin's eyes grow wide knowing it could be a possibility. "oh, jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon." he moans, putting his head in his hands.

she moves her attention to the game board in front of her and thinks for a second before returning her eyes to mike. "it's not the demogorgan." lucas persists.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike says, slamming the troglodyte piece in the middle of board. erin breathes out in relief. lucas waves his hand around in an, 'i told you so' way.

"troglodytes?" dustin asks.

"told ya." lucas says, chuckling, causing the group to chuckle as well and dustin to snort. erin giggles in her seat.

"wait a minute." mike says softly, looking around. "did you hear that?" he asks. "that... that sound? boom... boom... boom!" he then yells, slamming his hands on the table causing erin to jump and become wide eyed again. "that didn't come from the troglodytes. no, that, that came from something else."

they glance around each other before looking at mike. he slams a piece in the middle. "the demogorgon!" everyone groans loudly.

erin rubs her head while sighing as she starts getting a headache from something making noise behind her. not like it's real, though.

"we're in deep shit." dustin exclaims.

"will, your action!" mike yells to him.

"i don't know!" he replies.

"fireball him!" lucas tells him.

"i'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" he argues.

"too risky. cast a protection spell." dustin suggests.

"don't be a pussy. fireball him!" lucas belts out.

"cast protection." dustin argues back. will looks worriedly at erin, wanting her count because he can trust it.