The Alpha Has His Heir

~~~Recap~~~

When Loretta is a few feet away from me she finnaly speaks. "Daddy, I had a bad dream.

(Raymond's POV)

Daddy... I never thought I would hear someone call me that. Not even my own, but someone else's. There's only two days in my life that can compete with this.

1: The day I met my mate.
2: The day I got to mark and mate her.

A smile spreads over my face. She called me daddy. A tug on my pants brings me out of my daze. I bent over and pick her up. "You called me daddy." I say in disbelief.

She someone else's biological daughter, but she's my daughter now. I look down at her, to see her hair still white. "What's wrong Kiddo?" "I had a bad dweam." she says clinging to my shirt. "Alright little one. Let's get you back to bed."

I take her up to my room. Once we are in the room I set Loretta down on the bed and I take out my guitar. I used to play for Juvia once every week. I go back to the bed and Loretta watches me closely.

Strumming the guitar up I began to sing a song I always wanted to sing to my daughter if by chance I had one, now I do. My dearest Loretta.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird

And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover

And if that dog named Rover won't bark
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

Once I finish I look to Loretta to see her fast asleep. I smile. I lost the love of my life, but now I have something just as good. A daughter. I place the guitar back then I climb in next to Loretta.

"Raymond?" I open my eyes to see myself back in the white room. Looking around I see the moon goddess again. I sit up and lower my head to her. "Moon goddess."

"Raise your head Raymond." I do as she says. "Sit down." Once more I sit down on the bed. "You have to listen to this closely Raymond." I look the moon goddess in the eyes and nod.

"They are close." She says. I tilt my head at her. "Who?" I ask. "The threat. The hunters." I growl. "How far out?" I ask. "I may know what happens, but I can't control minds" I growl.

"What the bloody hell can you control!?" I ask in anger. I just got a lovely daughter. I can't loose Loretta, I just got her. Her uncle might want her back, but she's my child now.

I feel something poke my cheek. "Daddy?" I hear a small voice. Then there's another poke on my cheek. "Daddy?" The voice asks again. I open my eyes and come face to face with Loretta.

I look at my bedside alarm to see it's 8:47. Wow, the moon goddess either summoned me very early in the morning or we talked for a couple of hours. I focus my attention back on Loretta.

"What's wrong princess?" I ask my little girl. "There's 2 big scary guys outside," she says. I stand up and walk to the window to see my best warrior Archer and my best tracker Andrew, who just so happens to be twins.