The War

"Daddy.... Daddy.... Daddy....!" I shoot up in bed when I hear a soft voice from beside me. Loretta is on her knees next to me with tears running down her face. "I had a bad dweam." She cries. I tightly wrap my arms around her small shaking form.

"It's alright princess, daddy's here." I softly say to her. "D-daddy, are you g-going to leave like my other d-daddy?" She shakily asks with tears running down her face. "No princess. I won't leave you. Okay. Daddy's going to stay right here." I reassure her.

Her sobs slowly turn into sniffles and soon she's asleep on my lap. I smile softly and I stand up, with Loretta still in my arms, and then I walk out of my room. I walk into Loretta's room and set her down on her bed. I take her comforter and throw it over her to keep her warm.

I'm about to leave her room when a loud crash sounds from downstairs and once more, for the second time tonight, Loretta is crying and shivering. I growl lowly under my breath. Who dares to wake my daughter and make her cry?! I pick Loretta up and walk down the stairs with her.

Once we reach the bottom Loretta is asleep again. I look at the door to see Archer standing and frantically looking around, probably for me, and breathing heavily.  "Archer! What's going on?!" I ask in my Alpha voice. He look at me with wide eyes.

"Alpha the Vampires and Rouges are attacking. The war that the Queen talked about has started!" My eyes grow wide. "Take Loretta to the save house where the other women and children are." I order him placing Loretta in his arms.

With a quick peck to my little daughter's forehead I shift into my wolf. "West border, near the border line." He says. I nod and then I set off towards  the West border line. Once I arrive it's almost like a bloodbath. I jump in at once eager to protect my pack.

Almost immediately a rouge lunges for me. I ready myself and then I jump up to meet him mid-air. Once we land I have him on his back and I go straight for his neck. Getting a good grip I bite into his neck and then I snap it. Another wolf lunges at me this one is female and has crazed eyes.

I guess it's someone her I just killed, judging by the way she stands in front of him looking at him with sorrow. I hope it wasn't her mate. Even if she is rouge I would never wish that upon anyone. The next second she shifts back to her human for. She's on her knees crying.

She looks up at me. "Please. Just kill me." She begs shamelessly. I shake my head. "Why?! You killed him! You killed my brother! Now I have nothing left!" She cries loudly. I slowly walk towards her and then I place my blood covered muzzle on her shoulder.

She looks up at my and I paw the ground to express my apology. She looks at my wide eyed then she slowly bows her head in submission. "I surrender." She whispers. I nod then push her towards the trees with my head. I watch as she hides in the shadows and I rejoin the battle.

Two Vampires jump at me and I begin battling them bothat once. I lunge for the first ones leg and bite. He yells loudly falling to the ground. Then I jump on the second one bringing him down as well. Once I ripped their throats I lunge at another rouge.

This one is strong and I can tell he us a former Beta. Once again I lunge and we start fighting. The war is almost over. I have lost only two pack members. It's a miracle. I expected to lose more. I suppose it’s because of the intense trainingI put them through every day.

There is only one left. I glare into gis eyes as my pack stands ready and watching. "Xavier!" My wolf snarls in my head at the sight of our old friend, that turned into an enemy a few years ago. "Make him pay for kidnapping Loretta!" My wolf demands me. "Don't worry. He signed his death warrant  when he kidnapped her!" I say.

"Well, well, Raymond what a long time it has been. Fancy seeing you here, ON MY CLAN'S LAND!!" I growl at him. We used to be great friends until greed overtook him and he demanded I give my lands to his clan because he deserved it more.

Once I refused he stalked out declaring rivalry between his clan and my pack. He starts running at me and I lunge for him. We start fighting. But he's an old Vampire, which gives him the advantage of knowledge and extra speed.

I lunged managing to catch his neck. I ripp it out. Then I grab a nearby wooden stake in my mouth and I plunge it into his heart. Just before he completely turns into ashes I feel a sting at my neck and the next second everything turns black.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗

I wake up in a green meadow. I'm laying on the grass and above me is a bright blue sky. I sit up straight looking around. "Moon Goddess." I say bowing my head once I see her approaching me. "Raymond. Lift your head."

I look up at her. "Am I.... dead?" I ask her. "Not yet. You are in between." She answer sitting down next to me. "So what now then?" I ask her. "You'll have to choose. Do you want to go back to Loretta, your daughter, or do you want to be with your mate again?" She asks me.

I look to my right where there are two giant golden gates with a forest behind them. "That is the final resting place of the wolves?" I ask. "Yes. Is that your choice?" She asks me. I look down thinking. "I choose...."