Chapter 6

Wednesday passed uneventfully he went over the required reading and gave a lecture. Blair scurried out of class before he could even say a word to her. 

On Friday, he was determined to speak with her. She strode in, wearing an ivory cap sleeve dress with flower trimmed windows printed on it. She looked beautiful, as always. His breath caught just seeing her again.

They made eye contact as she walked towards him then broke it when she headed up the stairs. This time, she settled in the middle of the auditorium. He was pleased although he couldn't help but wish she had sat in the front.

He managed to focus on his lecture despite her wide doe eyes being so distracting. Each time she looked down and scribbled notes he found himself staring at her. At risk of losing his train of thought.

Then, class was over. She strode right up to him this time. "Nice lecture Humphrey."

He couldn't tell if she was being serious or sarcastic. It felt like old times. He decided to take it as a compliment and say thanks. 

At this point, there were no other students in the room. They had all left hurriedly to their classes. "Would you be free tonight?" He asked and she looked startled. Then she composed herself.

"I'm sorry, I have plans with a friend so I cannot join you sadly."

He was disappointed and was somewhat surprised since she approached him. But after a pause, she added, "I'm free tomorrow, though."

He brightened. "Great, what time?"

She thought for a moment. "How about 8 AM? Breakfast and then I'll take you on a grand tour of Paris." She said the last word with the most endearing accent.

"My own personal tour guide? None other than Blair Waldorf. Far better than just drinks." He smiled as he said this.

"Where should meet?"

"Pick me up at my place. Hand me your phone, I'll put in my address." He loved when she was assertive and a little bossy like that.

He pulled his phone out of his messenger bag and handed it to her. As he did, their hands brushed and he felt a jolt of electricity. She flinched.

She regained her composure and smoothly typed in her address. She handed the phone back to him, he noticed she careful to keep her hand at a distance, safely at the end of the phone rather than the middle.

"I'll see you tomorrow Humphrey." She said in a cool tone as she started for the door. He just stared at her and then nodded.

"Right see you in the morning. Enjoy your Friday night."

"You too." She smiled and strode out of the room. Leaving him to anticipate tomorrow.