Chapter 11

Blair Waldorf had a new plan. A better plan.

Forget avoiding Dan altogether. Being his friend was far easier and everyone knew how easy it was to get stuck in the friend zone. So that was the plan. She would be his friend, make snarky remarks, roll her eyes at what he said, and focus on all the thing that used to drive her crazy. Like his Muppet hair and terrible sense of style. She wouldn't think about how she felt when his dark brown eyes were on her. Or how she felt when their skin brushed. So on and so forth.

So that was how Blair came to spend her Sunday at the flea market, lunch, and now decorating Dan's apartment.

She raised a hammer to the nail and pounded in the nail. Inflicting all her feelings upon the nail. She was a little too forceful and had to pull it out a bit. She hung out the print art they had bought, took a few steps back, and smiled.

"Looks good." Dan said from behind her. She turned to face him.

"I know."

"What now?" He asked. They had finished putting up everything he had bought from his apartment. She couldn't help but feel like a couple as they did it but pushed the thoughts away.

"I don't know... I guess I should probably head out and go do my reading."

"What class is it for?" He asked, not moving.

"Yours." She said, making no move for the door.

"Well, luckily you have an in with the professor. So I think you can skip the reading to hang out for a little longer."

She strode over to the couch and plopped down. "Wait. Did this come in the apartment? The furniture?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Ugh!" She exclaimed jumping up suddenly. "We should've bought you slip covers! There could be bed bugs. Who knows what this is infested with."

"Relax Blair, I did my research on the place. The furniture is professionally cleaned and definitely bug-free."

She pouted but relented as he pulled her down to sit next to her.

"Fine. But if my legs are covered in bites tomorrow then you'll know it is bed bugs and you'll have to take me to the doctor."

"Blair, bed bugs only live in beds. So unless you plan on sliding into my bed then I think you'll be okay."

Her cheeks burned as soon as he said it. The mention of his bed was dangerous. It flooded her with memories.

This was definitely not just-friends-territory

"Well, it's a good thing I only sleep on Egyptian cotton sheets. Those definitely look like jersey which are basically the worst kind of sheets. So you can count on me not even going near your bed." She said cooly.