Chapter 14

Tuesday felt empty without her. With so many days in a row of having seen Blair, Dan felt the lack of her deeply. He missed her snarky insults and the scattered sweet moments where she would say something kind. 

So he was relieved on Wednesday, after class, to be sitting with her drinking coffee. They were talking about all the places Blair wanted to take him to in France. Well, she didn't say that exactly but he felt like it was implied. He hoped. 

"I'm telling you, they have the most gorgeous chateau

"I'm telling you, they have the most gorgeous chateau. There is nowhere else like it. The gardens are so beautiful. This time of year there's peonies and dozens of other flowers. It took them over four years to renovate but I think it was worth it. Honestly, it's the most beautiful place in France. You should see it. " Her face was bright as she spoke of her father's chateau. 

Okay that had to be a hint, right? It's not like her Harold Waldorf's chateau was some sort of public museum he could just visit by himself on a whim. It meant she would take him... Pathetic, he knew. Deciphering everything she said like this. 

"With the Blair Waldorf seal of approval stamped so boldly, I don't know how I could possibly not see it."

"Exactly!" 

He chuckled at her clear lack of noticing his sarcasm or her choice to ignore it. 

"What are you doing this weekend? Maybe you can take me to one of your many favorite places? I actually really want to see Versailles. I mean, it's getting ridiculous I've been in Paris for three weeks and haven't yet."

"Sure, I suppose I could spare a Saturday to enhance your abroad experience. You can pick me up at 8, it takes an hour on the train to get there."

"Sounds perfect." He smiled at her and watched her finish the last of her coffee.

"I should head to class. I'll see you Friday." She said, standing. 

"See you Friday, Blair." They tossed their empty cups in the waste bin and headed their own way. Dan couldn't stop the stupid grin from spreading across his face.

 Dan couldn't stop the stupid grin from spreading across his face

Saturday morning, he arrived promptly at 8 am. Blair opened the door and stood before him smiling. She wore a floral dress and had her hair half back. Luckily, she wore sensible shoes, a pair of ballet flats instead of heels for the day of walking.