9. Wanna Bet?

"K-Kill Andrea?" I stuttered.

"Bring her blue bandana from her head in order to earn your own." Jason said. "Once you do that, we know we can trust you."

"I just.... I need... I've never killed anyone before. How do expect me to do it now? "

"Easy." He paused, digging in his desk drawer. He pulled out a gun and and sat it on the other side. It was a black and silver semi-automatic pistol.

"Also, if you achieve your goal, that gun is yours to keep." He said, examining my every reaction.

"You have four days. They are 12 rounds in that gun. Make it work." He said simply.

I walked up slowly to his desk. I looked him in the eye slightly as I picked up the gun. My fingers began to tremble. I've never held a gun before. I'm 17, what do I need to hold a gun for?

I nodded slowly before grasping it in my hands completely.

I backed away, and opened the door to exit the room. I shut it, leaning on the door. I took a large, heavy breath and closed my eyes for a moment. I don't want to kill anyone. I don't want anyone to be killed. Why must they kill one another? I looked at the gun in my hands. I don't even know how to use this thing.

How am I gonna even get to Zhang? I remember the way vaguely but it's a long trip. I'm going to need help. I walked down the hall to Alex's room and knocked.

"She's not in there. " A familiar voice from behind me said.

I whipped my head around to find Austin, leaning on the wall across the hall.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Jason sent her and Brian off to run errands." He said vaguely.

"Dammit. " I muttered.

"Who gave you that?" He asked, pointing to the weapon in my hand.

"Jason gave it to me." I groaned.

"What did he want you to do with it?" He asked me.

"Why does it concern you?" I said, crossing my arms, fully facing him.

"I figured 'Miss Goody Two Shoes' wouldn't know how to use it, so I'd help you out."

He did I have a point.

"Fine." I groaned.

"Come with me." He said as he began to walk down the hall and down the stairs.

I walked behind him and led me into a large room with several dummies and targets hanging on the wall.

"This is the practice room." He said, opening a drawer in the corner. He picked up a gun similar to mine. "I'm gonna show you how to shoot."

"Aim at the target on the wall and let me see how close you can get to the middle." He said.

I positioned the gun in front of me. I squinted one eye and pointed it towards the target. My fingers were trembling and sweating a little. I took heavy breaths of air. I pulled the trigger, causing the gun to jerk with force and a bullet hit the wall as I dropped it.

That was the first time I ever did that.

I breathed heavily and turned to look at Austin, his face blank with no specific expression.

"You need to learn how to hold it properly and aim in order to not waste ammo." He said crossing in front of me. He raised the other gun and pointed it towards the target.

"Think with your mind...Not hands. Keep focused. Let your mind go utterly clear and blank." He said. I watched him intently. He had been holding it with one hand. I looked at his arms. It looked as if he was flexing a bit.