Better Off

October 18th

Pen's Pov

During art class,Pencil was in her usual "OH,I CAN'T WAIT FOR MARKER TO COME" look.But this time,she looked like she literally CANNOT wait.Pencil sighed and flicked and twirled her hair,she was swinging her legs,and she was doodling on paper.

I came up to her seat,suspicious of why she looks extra happy to see Marker.Pencil greeted me.

"Hiiiii Pen!"Pencil said,giving me a big smile as she scribbled on her paper.I looked at her drawing.It was a cartoon picture of Marker with a bunch of hearts around it.She also spelled out her name with a different last name.Pencil Crayole was written with purple letters.I know that Pencil's last name is Shavings,so it's possible that Crayole is Mark's last name.

I went up to Pencil's desk,suspicious of the special occasion.

"So uh...you're looking extra nice today."I said.

"Thank you!I'm trying to look good for-"Pencil said.

"For Marker,I know."I interrupted.

"Uh...yeah..."Pencil said a bit embarrassed.She put the picture away.

"Pencil,why is it that you invest almost all of your time on Marker?"I asked her.

"Well,it's just that he feels special to me."Pencil said.

"Doesn't it feel unnecessary? After  Halloween,we won't see any high schoolers anymore."I said.

"You don't know that!"Pencil argued back.

I shrugged,"I dunno,maybe you will.But,doesn't it feel that you're shoving your love for him down everyone's throat?"

"W-well,I don't know..."Pencil said,looking away.

"Look,I know you like Marker very much,but maybe you might have to get over him."I said.

Pencil blushed,she was about to speak,but the high schoolers entered the class.

I sat back at my table,leaving a spot for Cake.

I stared at Pencil,she was very expectant for Marker to come...but after the last bit of students.Marker was nowhere to be found.

Pencil now looked worried.

Pencil's Pov

Where is he?Where is Marker?I knew he was here at school earlier today.Did he skip class?!

I took a quick look at Highlighter.He had a worried look on his face.

Marker probably is skipping class because Highlighter made him upset.I don't blame him

What a jerk,I thought High was cool.

I simply started to work on the Halloween decorations.Ignoring my thoughts about Mark.I cut out a bunch of little paper bats and made a hole through all of them.I then put a string through all of the holes.After finishing the decoration,I got out my phone.

I lied when I ignored my thoughts about Mark.I had to know where he is!!!

Pence-Pence:Hey,Mark?You didn't come to class.Is anything wrong?