Welcome to the Jungle

Ruby hadn't even noticed that Negan had popped a CD in before the high pitched voice of Axl Rose poured through the speakers- She was too intent on staring out the window and avoiding the man next to her.

Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money, honey
We got your disease

Ruby looked over to Negan who was happily humming along without a care in the world, his eyes fixated on the road ahead. She almost laughed at the scene. For a man who could bash in a persons skull and not think twice about it, he seemed almost normal. Almost.

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
Knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed

Thought it still did not change the fact that she would gut him given the first opportunity for taking her. Instead of looking away from him, her eyes studied the man, taking him in. If Ruby was being honest with herself, Negan really was attractive, but only thinking about it more would let him get to her head, and she needed to stay focused on her end goal of escaping.

Welcome to the jungle
We take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed
But it's the price you pay

"Can't keep your eyes off me, huh?" Negan chuckled, not even looking her way. "Don't blame ya gem."

"Fucking prick." Ruby turned away from the cocky man, her eyes looking back out the window once more as she watched the surrounding world pass in a blur.

And you're a very sexy girl
That's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights
But you won't get them for free

Negan had stepped on the break a little too hard, and put the RV in park as Ruby practically banged her head against the dash.

"Why the hell-"

"Keep that shit up gem-" Negan pulled his prized bat from off of the ground. "-and Lucille here is gonna have a fucking field day. Get that in your pretty head of yours."

Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here everyday
Ya learn to live like an animal
In the jungle where we play

"Oh, am I not the compliant little prisoner you had hoped for?" Ruby snarled, not even cowering with Lucille pointed towards her.

That's what he liked about her though; her fire-cracker attitude and the way she dared to stand up to him. None of his little wives dared to test him, understandably, which made Ruby a rarity in that sense. He could not tolerate such things in front of his men, however. Last thing he needed was for them to think they could start talking to him the same way. He would have a riot on his hands before he even knew it.

If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me

"What in the holy Hell am I gonna do with you?" Negan mused, setting Lucille down gently on the ground once more. His eyes studied her face, daring to find just one imperfection. He couldn't find one. And as for what to do with the woman, Negan truly did not know. She was far too headstrong and riotous for her to be another one of his wives.

"Well, you could do the obvious and let me go."

"And ruin all the damn fun you and I are gonna have gem?" Negan hooted, sending a pearly grin Ruby's way. "I would never dream of it."

|||

The rest of the ride had managed to somehow remain civil between the two, few words even exchanged. The RV pulled up to an old warehouse, trailing after the other trucks with Negan's people aboard.

Ruby sat up-right, her brows furrowing at the wall of walkers chained to the fence surrounding the building. There were some even on poles and spikes in the yard, clawing out for something they would never reach. It was a curious sight and not one she had seen before.

"This is The Sanctuary. Home of the Saviors." Negan's husky voice startled Ruby who was fixated on the dead, her head whipping over to to him. "And yours now too."

Ruby looked back to building that came in view more clearly as the RV came closer. Her 'home'- she had to stop herself from cackling aloud. It was her prison. She would burn it to the ground with a smile on her face in the time to come. But for now, she could wait.