In The Lions Den

This was it. Ruby was one step ahead of Negan as she paused in front the door that led into the Sanctuary. Would this be the very last time she would ever feel the warmth of the glaring sun on her skin or the rustle of the wind in her hair? She scanned the surrounding area as if to find a new way out of this situation alive; there wasn't.

"I know you aren't thinking of trying something rash right now, because that would be pretty damn foolish of ya gem." Negan's gravelly voice tickled the hairs on the back of Ruby's neck as she jumped ever so slightly. "Because Lucille here- why she can bring you up to speed real quick on what happens to those who even think about trying to escape."

"Me? Think about escaping?" Ruby snorted as she shoved open the creaking metal door in front of her, walking into her new Hell. "Why, I wouldn't dream of it."

"Keep walkin' gem." Negan tailed behind her, his presence a creeping reminder of Ruby's newfound imprisonment.

//

Negan had been more than delighted to show Ruby around his domain, where he was the top dog and not a single soul in existence here questioned it, or at least to his face.

The whole building had seemed to reek of fear to Ruby, due to the cause of something sinister afloat. And of course that 'something' just so happened to be the man walking in front of her. It was not surprising to her that Negan had been the one to rise to the top after chaos had engulfed the world, why people chose to follow him in the beginning. The way he carried himself and the cunningness of the words he spewed only had proven such.

It would only make it that much harder for Ruby to bring the man down and still come out alive. But she would not back down from this fight. Her father had taught her better than that.

"And this is your room, gem." Negan had opened a door which was one of many in the dark hallway where they stood.

On the other side, Ruby was expecting to see a barbaric, windowless room where she would spend her imprisonment. It was anything but that. It was a decent sized bedroom with a twin bed, books, a table and tiny bathroom attached. Ruby let out a small whimper at the sight of the window in her new room. It was too small for her break out of but it was a window to the outside world nonetheless.

"Is this really..." Ruby gulped not daring to hide her astonishment. "..mine?"

"I'm hurt gem. Did you really think I would be placing you in a prison cell to rot?" Negan placed a hand over his heart, feigning his so-called 'hurt'. His chocolate eyes locked with hers.

Ruby crossed her arms over her chest. "That's precisely what I thought."

"This shit ain't free darlin'. It comes at a cost." Negan chuckled, his laugh reverberating off of the dense walls. "And that cost can be repaid one of two ways: you can be assigned some shit hole job here in the Sanctuary, which I haven't decided what that would be yet. You can earn your keep that way or, you can be one of my wives. We'll be meeting them later so you can decide for yourself."

Wives. As in plural. This man really had the audacity to make multiple women his wives. Ruby looked up at him, practically snarling. "I will not be one of your damn wives Negan."

Negan was expecting that answer from her and yet part of him still did not want to accept it. She would outshine all of his other wives if she was to become one, and just being in her presence made him wonder why he even had to have multiple woman when the one in front of him was just right. "Like I said, its your damn choice gem."

To Ruby, it didn't really feel as though she had a choice however. To become one of Negan's wives just seemed degrading to her existence. Nor was she entirely sure what duties being his wife would entail...

Negan began walking back down the hallway, momentarily pausing to scowl back at Ruby who stood still in her spot. "Those feet of yours better start moving." He pointed to her feet using his beloved Lucille. "I have some lovely fucking wives awaiting my presence."

Ruby begrudgingly followed him, unsure of what she was being dragged into now. Negan was certainly one for surprises, that much was evident.

//

I know it's been awhile, but I hope you all enjoy this new update! I wonder how Ruby will take meeting Negan's wives.... 🤔

-thebelovednight