Cleanin' Lady

It had only been one week of cleaning the rooms of various men and Ruby wanted nothing more than to bash her own head in at this point. This wasn't exactly her calling to say the very least. Ruby had only seem Negan briefly in the past week. He was a very busy man, but he still went out of his way to see Ruby now and then, only to pester her of course.

Ruby stood outside of Negan's door, which was conveniently down the hall from her own. She gave the door a firm knock with her knuckles, waiting for a response. Nothing. Ruby recalled Dwight saying to knock first and if there wasn't an answer that the door would be unlocked anyway. Apparently Negan did not worry about people breaking into his room and stealing his belongings. Ruby couldn't imagine it ending very well if anyone ever tried.

Ruby opened the door, stepping into Negan's room which was much larger than her own. There was a black couch and desk, along with a queen sized bed and different items adorning a shelf on the wall in the room. He even had large windows that overlooked everything outside. It felt too personal for Ruby to be in his room, with his things. However, that certainly would not stop her from snooping around on the off chance she might come across a spare knife or anything that would be helpful for her escape.

She went through his dresser and different drawers, nothing really piquing her interest. His entire room very organized and neat, giving the impression he did not spend too much time in here.

Ruby had finally given up looking for a knife after looking throughout the whole room and even the bathroom too. It was a fruitless attempt, but one that was necessary.

Finally doing what she had come here to do, Ruby begrudgingly began cleaning his room , cursing the man as she did so. This room would take her all day.

||

After only an hour and a half of cleaning Negan's room, she went ahead and plopped down on his couch, a wave of exhaustion rolling over her. She had hardly slept the night before. A reoccurring nightmare about her fathers death was to blame for that. Maybe if she laid back for a moment just to rest her eyes, she figured she could regain some of her energy to finish the job at hand before Negan came back.

But that turned out not to be the case. She had fallen into a deep sleep, curled up like an infant on the couch, the setting sun casting an orange glow over her body.

Negan had walked in on Ruby who was knocked out for the night on his couch, chuckling quietly to himself. She was a sleeping angel to him, the soft glare of the sun illuminating her calm face, her lips slightly ajar. As he draped a blanket over Ruby's body, he was half tempted to run his fingers through her long, dark locks but stopped himself before settling into the comfort of his own bed, sleep eventually overcoming the weary man as well.

||

Ruby had shot up from her slumber in a cold sweat, gasping from another nightmare about her dad and thrown off by her surroundings. Her chest rose up and down rapidly. Where was the hell was she?

And then it all flooded back to her in a second. She had only wanted to rest her head for a moment... it was never her intention to fall asleep in his room.

Heat crawled up Ruby's face as she turned her head to wear Negan was. He sat at his desk, eyes drawn to the woman who was caught off guard. He wore a pair of glasses today and had a pen in hand, Ruby's awakening temporarily interrupting whatever he was writing.

Ruby did not like how caught off guard she was by the situation. Not one bit. She was always alert and in control of everything and yet this... This felt too personal to her. To have Negan see her sleep and wake up so abruptly from a night terror did not sit well with her.

"Might want to get your ass over to the cafe if you have any intention of eating before breakfast is over gem." And with that, Negan turned his back to her and continued his writing.

It was almost as if he could sense something was off with Ruby. She was waiting for a snarky comment to follow and yet nothing did. She never thought she would mentally be thanking the man and yet she did for leaving her alone in that moment. She slipped out of his room in a moment's notice finally able to breath once again.

||

Hi my loves. I know it's been a longggg time since I've uploaded but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 🖤

-thebelovednight