The Sorceror

Just as the prince assumed, his days in the dragon's tower had been terrible as he was constantly stressing about going back home. To distract the prince from his constant thoughts, he made himself familiar with the large library connected to his bedroom. He spent all his time nestled in the comfortable armchair at the corner with his nose buried in a book.

Kellin tried to avoid the dragon in all costs but since he was restricted to a certain amount of space, it was very hard to do so. Victor tried to conversate with the prince multiple times and got nothing from him in return since Kellin was still upset from the betrayment and the restriction of environment. Even though he doesn't get cross often, the prince is notorious for holding grudges.

As mischievous and wrong as it was -despite his good image- Kellin came up with a plan to escape his prison, using the advantage of Victor's long absence to gather the cloth of the tower. His plan was simple, yet dangerous; the plan was to descend down the tower walls outside, using the cloth as a rope. Kellin felt this nagging guilt within him as if he himself was betraying Victor's trust, he thought that if he even managed to get back to his kingdom, he would have to somehow make it up to the dragon.

'If they are as kind as others say, they should be kind enough to love me'

The more Kellin thought of his words the more pity and sorrow Kellin had for Victor. Most people, like his kingdom's residence, would fear the sight of Victor's dragon form, though he admits he was frightened by Victor's dragon, he could see through the beast and to his beautiful human form. Kellin wished someone would see through that just like he has, perhaps Victor wouldn't be so desperate to find someone portrayed to be kind.

The prince heard the distant sound of the dragon's wings and knew that Victor returned from his daily travels. Kellin tied the last knot of his makeshift rope then kicked it underneath his bed and quickly hurried to the library, plopping down in the armchair and flipping open a random book. Kellin read a few lines until he heard the footsteps and faint mumbling of Victor. The door creaked open and Kellin could imagine Victor poking his head from behind the door, his long brown locks falling to the side.

"How are you today, princess?" Victor asked.

"Fine, and you?" Kellin mumbled, eyes glued to the pages of the book.

"I am doing well, thank you" Victor nodded.

There was an uncomfortable silence as Kellin pretended to turn the pages and could see Victor rocking on his heels, arms behind his back. Kellin couldn't take the uncomfortable silence any longer and looked up from his book.

"May I help you with something, Victor" Kellin sighed impatiently yet politely.

"No, but I have gotten you something" Victor explained and pulled out a white box from behind his back.

Kellin honestly did not expect this from Victor as the box was thrusted into his lap. Victor stood as he watched Kellin set the book aside and stared at the large, rectangular box.

"Victor, I have no idea what to say" Kellin breathed, the guilt within him growing stronger.

"Don't say anything" Victor chuckled "Open it"

Kellin submissively obligated to Victor's request and pulled the top off the box, revealing dull yellow heavy fabric, Kellin held it up revealing a beautiful dress.