The Song

Weeks later, Kellin had begun to warm up to Victor. He had come out the library to start cooking meals for Victor and leaving it out with a small note on the side.

Often, Kellin would get notes back from Victor saying 'Thank you' or 'It was delicious' but he would get notes that were not meal related. Some would be along the lines of 'you look gorgeous today' or 'your smile melts my heart' and Kellin has kept every single note he had received, putting them in a jewelry box he found on the dresser. Kellin appreciated every word that Victor wrote, no matter the length, his heart seemed to flutter with every line.

On this very day, Kellin was tired of reading the books in the library; so he explored the tower a bit more, even though he was provided with a small amount of space. He descended the stone steps slowly, running his fingers against the stone wall with each step. When he got to the final step, he wondered what would happen if went through the door on the right. Biting his lip, he pushed the door open and walked through, only to see Victor pulling down his white shirt.

Kellin's face grew hot, seeing the attractive male's exposed skin. Victor gave the prince a half smile when he caught his eye.

"I see you have found my domain, princess" Victor remarked, "may I ask, what brings you here?"

"I was exploring the tower" Kellin explained, "how does it do that?"

"Do what? Changing rooms?" Victor asked.

Kellin nodded.

"Well, magic with the help of Michael. It's similar to the mirror spell you experienced"

"Fascinating" Kellin gasped.

"You think it is?" Victor chuckled, plopping on the bed.

"We don't have magic in Warpedtouria" Kellin explain, walking over to sit next to Victor "Magic is fascinating to me"

"No magic?" Victor asked, "How did you ever survive?"

"Um...we just had normal customs" the prince shrugged "which brings me to my next question. Why is it that Michael is a sorcerer and you are a-"

"Dragon?" Victor finished "Although my mother was a harlot she was also a powerful witch. After our father left, Michael decided to give up his inner beast to dedicate his life to magic and I gave into my inner beast"

"Was it...terrifying to do?" the prince asked, leaning closer with anticipation.

"Why are you asking all these questions?" Victor countered, his eyebrow raised but a teasing smile was plastered across his face.

Kellin could feel his face grow hot and avert eye contact "If you must know, I am miserably bored. I figured since I will be enslaved in this tower, I must learn to tolerate my capturer"

"Is that so, princess?" the dragon purred, his smile growing larger across his lips, "I think...we should talk about you"

"About me?" the prince repeated, a bit surprised from the sudden suggest.

The prince has met many men and suitors who have never even thought about asking him about himself, though he never complained and always listened quietly, no matter how boring their stories or lives were. It was quite a surprise to the prince that the dragon even suggested the topic.

"Yes, princess" the tanned skinned man chuckled, nodding his head, "what do you do when you are off your...royal duties?"

"Oh, um..." the prince thought "I have my squire, Justin, tell me the kingdom's news, maybe I'd walk in the castle's garden or read under the royal apple tree but at night...I would stay at the top of the castle and star gaze"