- That Bloody Witch -

Draco

Blaise sighed, "Who do you think is the prettiest girl in Hogwarts?" 

We were currently in Blaise's living space that he shared with Pansy. 

I laughed, "Pardon?" 

Blaise shrugged, picking a piece of fuzz off the Slytherin sofa. "I don't know. This is stuff we should have been talking about three years ago, but instead we were planning on how to kill Dumbledore." 

I winced, "Alright, I'll answer your stupid questions. Just- don't bring that up again?" 

Blaise shrugged.

I sighed, casually asking, "What was the question again?" 

I knew full well what the bloody question. I just wanted to stall for as long as possible, maybe Pansy would walk in and Blaise and her would argue so that I could run away. I knew who was the prettiest girl in Hogwarts, the problem; Blaise certainly wouldn't agree, and I was a terrible liar.

Blaise smirked, "Who is the prettiest girl in Hogwarts." 

I chuckled and shrugged, "Definetly not Granger..." I wanted to smack myself. 

Blaise looked quite confused, "Yea... But who do you think is the prettiest?"

I shrugged, "Probably someone with brown hair..." Blaise looked like he was about to say something, I tried to interrupt him. He was probably going to make fun of me for thinking of Granger! Yes, that's it! I couldn't let that happen. "... but definitely not Granger."

At that moment, Pansy walked in. I glared at her, a bit late. 

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked. 

I stood up and straightened my tie, "DEFINITELY NOT GRANGER!" 

Her eyes widened in alarm. "Draco, are you okay-" 

I sprinted to the door muttering an excuse as I went, "I just remembered! I have to go copy down Granger's homework- I mean, not Grangers! Weasel's! Yeah... Weasel's! I've got to go copy down Weasel's homework. Talk to you some other time!"

I repeatedly smacked my forehead. Until I walked into a wall. 

"Hey!" 

It wasn't a wall. 

I looked down to see a body laying on the ground, books scattered around her, "I'm so sorry-" 

She growled at me, hang on, I knew that growl.

"Watch where you're going-" She looked up, "Malfoy?" 

I jumped sky high, "GRANGER!?" 

She plugged her ears and nodded, "Yes. Now would you stop trying to blow my eardrums?"

"Draco, Mate-" Blaise called, I turned to see Blaise standing there with a severely confused look on his face. 

"Oh, hello Blaise." Granger greeted. 

I groaned. 

Blaise nodded in greeting and looked at me for an answer, "What's bloody wrong with you?"

It was awkwardly silent, while Granger picked up her books. She stood up, looking almost as confused as Blaise, and said, "Right. Well, I've got to go to class, you two have fun... figuring our what's wrong with Malfoy..." She trailed off, walking down the corridor.

Blaise raised an eyebrow at me, "Mate?" 

I groaned, "That bloody Witch."

*---*