- Pretty Sappy Isn't It -

"Alright, now you all will be partnering up for this assignment and the partners are on the board." Slughorn yawned and tapped the board three times as names appeared.

I searched for my name first. 

It was next to the name Pansy Parkinson. Oh Dear Merlin help me. Pansy groaned very loudly from her seat next to Draco. I rolled my eyes but grabbed my bag and set them over onto her table.

"Hello, Pansy." I greeted with a forced smile. She snorted, but nodded in acknowledgment. I shrugged, not as bad as I thought it would've been.

"Alright Granger, get started." She said, putting her feet on the table while using the dungeon wall as a backrest. 

I laughed and shoved her feet off, "You're funny. Open your book to chapter 34 and get started as well. I'm sure you wouldn't want to spend any extra time with me to finish this. Or for you to do it yourself."

She glared at me but huffed and flipped over the cover of her book. I heard someone laughing and then someone choking.

I looked up to see a teary eyed and red faced Draco gasping, and Blaise repeatedly smacking Draco even though it wasn't necessary while laughing. I shook my head at them and went back to the assignment.

I groaned as I packed my books back into my bag. "Alright Granger, listen," Pansy said," We both know we have to get this stupid paper done and it's going to take forever. Tonight after dinner meet me at the Slytherin common room." 

I raised my eyebrow at her, "You're willing to let a mudblood into your common room?"

Pansy snorted, "I want an E on this assignment, my marks are terrible in potions and I'm afraid my parents won't let me live at home if I get a T again." 

I smirked but nodded, "Alright then, I'll be there."

"Why do you have to leave? I was counting on you to finish- I mean help me with my potions assignment." 

I rolled my eyes at Ginny. "Gin, honestly, I'm not doing your assignment for you. Besides, I'm going to go work on my assignment. I still have to finish the conclusion with Pansy." Ginny groaned.

I nod, "Exactly what I'm thinking." I sigh and push my plate back, "She better not make me do it all." 

Ginny nodded stuffing a pumpkin pastor in her mouth, "For sure, 'Mione. People shouldn't just use you for heir assignments." 

I gave her a pointed look.

She laughed awkwardly and shrugged. 

Harry chuckled at her, "Just stick up for yourself like you did during potions. That was awesome." 

I laughed and ignored the subject of me dissing Pansy. "I'm off." I said, getting up and making my way down the corridor.

I realized my mistake as I reached the portrait. I didn't ask what the password was. The portrait eyed me, "Password." It stated with a growl. "Uh..." I froze, what would the Slytherins put as their password? "Uh... Pureblood?" The portrait sighed but opened.

I glared at the portrait, you'd think a bloody war would've changed someone's opinion. I scoffed but walked into the dungeon.

As I walked into the common room, I saw Pansy lounged on the couch passed out. I grabbed the potions book laying on the coffee table and held it up.