- Were You Kidding About That Protection Thing? -

Hermione

My first instinct was to run. Too many eyes. Too many people. 

But then I saw him. And the look he wore was absolutely hysterical. His jaw was practically on the floor and his eyes shimmered for a second. 

I tried to descend the staircase as gracefully as I could. And by that, I meant I tried not to do a face plant as I walked down the stairs. 

I walked to Ginny and grinned at her, "Well don't you two look amazing together." 

Ginny rolled her eyes and Harry winked at me. 

"Hermione, you look absolutely beautiful." 

I turned, shocked. "Did you just call me Hermione? As in my given name Hermione?"

Draco nodded and offered me his hand, "It's a special occasion." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't like this." I said, looking around. 

Draco frowned, "What are you talking about?" I gestured to the boys looking at me, "They all notice me now. Now that I'm actually pretty and in a slutty dress!" 

"Well, who cares about them? They obviously don't care about you the way I do." 

I laughed. 

He frowned, "What?"

 I looked down, "It's just kind of ironic." 

He shook his head, "I've always cared of you. I've just tried to hide it because of you know- parents."

 I nod.

"You wanna dance?" I asked, pulling him to the dance floor. He grabbed my waist and I hooked my arms around his neck.

 "Oh! I almost forgot. What are you doing over Christmas break?" 

I shrug, "Probably stay here," I paused and squinted at him, "Why?" 

He shifted, " I wanted to know If you wanted to go to the manor with me over break?" 

I frowned, "Draco, the manor-" 

He nodded, "I know. I know. It's definitely not the first place I'd take you. But I was just wondering-" 

I shook my head, "I'll go." 

"-if you wanted to, but you don't have to-" He stopped, "Wait. What did you say?" 

I shrugged, "I'll go." 

His jaw fell again. 

I laughed, "Stop doing that, you'll catch flies." 

He shut his mouth and grinned at me, "You really want to?" 

I shrugged, "Better than staying here by myself. I was supposed to go to the burrow. Obviously that's not happening."

Draco leaned down and kissed me, pulling away he said, "I love you." I grinned, "I know." 

---

I yawned for the fourth time and Draco laughed, "Alright, we're leaving." 

I nodded. We walked out of the great Hall and I felt his arms around my waist. I squealed in surprise as he lifted me up and carried me through the halls to the flat, while I was laughing.

"Weasley," Draco said to Fred. 

Fred raised his eyebrow at me and said, "Hmm, this is a new one." 

I rolled my eyes, "Just let us in, Fred." 

He shrugged. As we walked in he called, "Use protection!" 

"Technically we're not supposed to!" I called back.

 Draco laughed.

I shrugged, "I'm not wrong." 

He threw me on the bed and jumped over my leg, "Well when have you ever been wrong, Miss. Granger." 

I shrugged and grinned up at him, "Probably less than you've been right Mr. Malfoy" 

He put his hand on his heart in mock hurt. 

I grabbed his neck and pulled him down to meet his lips before he could say something stupid. 

I unbuttoned his shirt in a hurry, all while kissing him. I pulled back and looked up at him, "I want you." 

He frowned, "You're completely sure? Because it's not a thing you can redo-" I kissed him to shut him up. 

I nodded and pulled away, "Yes." 

He nodded and raised an eyebrow at me, "Were you kidding about that protection thing?"

 I rolled my eyes, "Hurry up, you bloody ferret." 

He grinned.

*---*

I wanted to write this but I feel like it would be a bit graphic. So I just wrote some fluffy stuff. I'm sorry.