Paint Away The Pain

Sabine's POV

  We all sat at a large table with much food on it. All my parents and family figures were sitting opposite of each other. I was nervous about who would speak first. I sat between Kanan and Hera, almost looking for protection. Ezra looked at me worried as we sat in silence. I went to speak but nothing came out. I wanted to curl up to Kanan and Hera then never leave their arms.

"So, what brings you to Mandolor?" My father asked.

"Well I believed it was important for Sabine to reconnect wth her roots. So we brought her here." Kanan answered.

"If I may ask, why did all of you come?" My mother asked.

"We wanted to keep an eye on her." Hera said.

"Why did you have lightsabers?" Cole asked.

"Kanan?" Ezra asked.

"Go ahead." Kanan said.

"Because we are Jedi." Ezra said. My breath hitched I looked at Ezra with fear.

"You've been quite quiet little Nexu." My father pointed out.

"Don't call me that." I said firmly.

"Sabine." Hera scolded, making my mother growl.

"Where is the darksaber?" I asked.

"That is of no concern to you." Cole said hatefully.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Ezra snapped.

"Ezra!" Kanan yelped.

"It is a mater of my concern!" I growled.

"How so?" Father asked.

"I stole it from Darth Maul! It is mine and I want it returned to my custody!" I commanded.

"You can not command anything." Mother chuckled.

"It belongs to me." I growled.

"Really you belong to me." Mother smirked. "Meaning I'm in charge of you." 

"I'm eighteen! I have rights now!" I responded.

"This is not what she is here for Bo!" Father yelled, causing us to both sit down and be silent.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what do you need with Sabine?" Hera asked.

"Well I'm getting older and so is she. I won't be able to be Mandolor forever. I am offering her an opportunity." Father said. "Sabine, you have the opportunity that every mandolorian can only dream about having. Do you want to become the next Mandolor?" Father asked. The crew was shocked so was I. I know it a big honor, but I would have to leave my family, the crew, I would never see them again.

"I-I can't." I said. Cole looked shocked, mother dropped the knife that was in her hand and father kept a look of determination.

"You don't have decide now. But stay here a while. Choose after you see your new life." Father said softly.

   Time skip and Ezra's POV

  I got in my normal clothes and coat then stepped outside off our quarters. We had gotten three nice rooms to stay in while we stay on Mandolor. Me and Sabine shared, Kanan and Hera shared then Fenn got his own. Sabine left a while ago and I was starting to get worried. I walked to where there was a map of their camp.

"Archery sounds like her." I said then ran to the indoor training building. I saw her shooting her blasters at a target. I watched as she finished practicing. She sat on a bench looking sad.

"May I?" I requested a seat by her.

"Go ahead." Sabine said. I sat down and looked at her. She had her thinking face on.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"I don't know what to pick. I need to lead my people but, refuse to leave the rebellion, the crew or my family. I live for the rebellion, fight for what I believe. Who I care about. I don't know want I think, I'm just so stressed out." She said.

"I know what will take your mind off it." I smiled.

"What?" She quizzed. I smirked and grabbed some paint cans that I brought. I saw her smile brightly grab a can.

"Lets go." I said grabbing her hand and racing out the door.
________________________

Fluff...

        Till next time Emily out.