Two Brothers, One choice

Ezra's POV

Cole was literally insane! He thought I was stealing Sabine from him, yeah I treat her like a sister and I'm always there for her. She my best friend and like a sister. We are literally partners in crime. We are rarely ever apart, tell each other problems and even pick on one another sometimes. I see where he gets the idea, but Sabine is a person and I can't own or steal her.

"Explain why you treat her like your sister!" Cole commanded harshly.

"Because, I worry about her well being, care about her and hang out with her means I'm stealing her?! She's a person! No one can stake claim on her! I care about her because she's my crew mate, partner for multiple ops and she's my best friend!" I said.

"Yeah right! I see the way she looks at you, that spark in her eyes. She used to give me that exact look!" He growled.

"Cole, can't we sort this out with diplomacy?" I begged.

"No! You are on Mandalor, I'm challenging you, so by Mandolorian law you have to fight!" Cole hissed.

"Fine, so be it." I accepted. I ignited my lightsaber and Cole grabbed an electro-staff. So the fight began. He would strike then I would. We started to attract quite a crowd.

"Giving up yet kid?" He smirked. I almost cut his side as he said it.

"No. Why are you afraid of loosing?" I smiled.

"No!" He hissed. I noticed he put his staff on max power, Sabine walked in my line of sight which made me freeze. Then I felt an unbearable pain in my stomach that spread across my body. I let out a scream of pain and collapsed to the ground. I was on my back when Cole kicked me over and over in the chest and stomach then he electrocuted me. I let out more screams of agony as the shock spread throughout my body, as it pinched every nerve in my body.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Sabine shouted. The staff was removed from my stomach as Cole stood up straight. My breathing was off and my throat was sore. My body was sore and my chest hurt. Sabine ran to me as I rolled to my hands and knees. My arms felt weak so she helped stabilize me, she rubbed my back affectionately as I started to cough up blood. "Shh, shh it's okay, Ezra. It's okay, I've got you." She soothed. She then wiped the blood from my mouth then hugged me tightly. It hurt but, I didn't want the hug to end. I felt her nuzzle my neck with her silky soft hair. I sensed a sudden rush of rage spike through her. She broke the embrace as Kanan and Hera got there, Kanan helped keep me up as Sabine turned to her brother.

"What the kriff! You could have killed, Ezra!" She screamed.

"So what?! He challenged me!" Cole defended.

Sabine's POV

"So what?! He challenged me!" Cole defended himself. I stood in shock for a moment. I looked at Ezra numbly, then back to Cole.

"No he didn't!" I growled. I knew Ezra wouldn't do such a thing.

"How do you know?" Cole chuckled.

"Because I know Ezra better than anyone and he's not that kind of person." I said with determination. I was mad at Cole for lying to me and for hurting Ezra. "Family is supposed to be trustworthy." I started. My mom and dad walked up and looked at the situation. "I can't trust you,  Cole. You know what I'm hinting at." I finished. I turned to Ezra, Kanan and Hera. "Let's go home." I smiled.

"I'm up for that." Kanan said. Hera and Kanan both looked proud of me, which made me smile.

"What?! No! Don't go!" My biological family begged.

"You said home is where the heart is. My heart is with them." I said, then we headed back to the Ghost.

Home is wherever your heart tells you it is.
___________________

Till next time Emily out.