Chapter 58.

Harry's POV

"No."

"Pleaseeeee?"

"No." I repeated.

"You want to."

"No."

"You're so stubborn."

"I'm being realistic."

"Lying in bed for days moping isn't realistic."

"That makes no sense."

"Neither do you. C'mon, pleaseee?" Louis continued to beg.

"I can't." I sighed.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Uh, because of stuff." I answered him vaguely.

"It's been long enough, why can't you just tell me?" He sighed running a hand through his hair.

"If I tell you, the more real it will feel." I admitted.

"What happened between you and Delilah?" He bluntly asked.

"She hates me."

"But why?  You were getting on okay, what happened when I left?" He asked, determined to find out why I had barely left my room or spoken to anyone in the past 3 months other than work priorities. "C'mon, I'm not gonna kill ya." He joked. "Seriously, we all know something is up with you, what happened? What did you say?"

"Why do you assume I said something?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"So you did something to her?" He asked ignoring my question.

"I hurt her." I replied timidly, twiddling my thumbs avoiding eye contact.

"You did what?!" He asked raising his voice.

"Not physically." I concluded, his mouth formed a little 'o' shape taking in my words. "She told me to stay out of her life, she never wants to see or hear of me again."

"What made her say that though? She can't have just decided that." He asked in all seriousness.

"She told me I had forgotten about her." I sighed closing my eyes, tears brimming along my water line just thinking back to that argument which caused my world to come crashing down, I now know what it was like being in her shoes, and I didn't like it one bit.

"And?" He asked.

"I couldn't argue back...because it was true." I whimpered.

"Oh." He simply replied.

"I did forget about her, I was too busy living on the high road, I was thinking about myself and my career, it just sort of happened but now she's forgotten about me I know how she felt and it's the worst feeling in the world. Her voice shouting at me repeats in my head, it haunts me at night, I can't even think back to all those amazing times we spent together because of the words that left her mouth that day." I croaked out. "Harry Styles, just leave me alone, stay out of my life." I repeated her exact words, as I said them I could feel a knife being driven into my chest. "And there's nothing I can do about it now." I whimpered.

"You never know unless you try." Louis smiled bouncing up.

"Even if she did see me she would slap me around the face...or worse." I argued.

"Just come with me to see her parents whilst we're in town, maybe they'll suggest something."

"She isn't home yet?" I asked confused.

"No, she's still getting treatment." He replied a little less enthusiastically.

"It wasn't supposed to last that long." I concluded.