02 ; bruises

How many times have you been in the same situation? He'd lost count.

You'd usually swat his arm and scold him, muttering about how he should 'Stop messing around' and how he 'Could get seriously hurt one day'. All the while disinfecting and bandaging his cuts and bruises.

But this time you had remained silent. Not even a sigh escaped your lips. He watched closely as you carried out the usual routine, tending to the 'battle wounds' from his last fight with Shizuo- where he'd throw a trash can at him and it had hit its target on the arm.

The rest of the several minutes followed in silence, neither one of them talking as Izaya continued to observe, watching her pack the safety kit away.

He noticed the robotic expression on your face, and was that.. Disappointment in your eyes..? He frowned.

"Hey! What are y-"

His arm shot out before he could think, grabbing her arm as she stood up and pulling her into his lap, arms wrapping around her waist and hugging her into his chest as he burrowed his head in the crook of her neck.

She sighed after a moment, "Izaya-"

"Shh, be quiet (name)..."

This evidently surprised her, he could feel her straighten slightly at the mention of her first name, without any added childish honorifics.

He pressed light kisses against the nape of her neck and trailed downwards as she relaxed into him. He finally stopped and held her tighter.

"I'm sorry."

Her eyes widened. "W-what..?"

"Don't make me say it again, (name)-chan..." He sighed as his fingers travelled to her (long/short) (coloured) hair, twirling a strand and leaning against her.

"I-It's okay Izaya... Just be more careful - alright?" She finally found words to form.

The informant just nodded and grinned, hugging her with a childish tone "Okai, (name)-chan~!"