05.25 ; change

"This is a library, idiot!"

"I know that, dumbass!"

"Then shh!"

"You shhh!"

"Shhhh!"

"SHhhHh!"

"SHHHHHH!"

"Can the two students in the corner please keep the noise down, this is a library. Need I remind you again, you will both have to leave."

The sharp voice of the school librarian cut short the battle of hushed whispers that had been gradually increasing in volume, disturbing the students around them.

The two glared at each other before huffing simultaneously and grabbing the books they needed. (name) dropped the thick textbooks onto the table with a thud, collapsing into a seat and beckoning the raven over.

"Well come on then- this maths work isn't going to do itself!"

He simply rolled his eyes, his scowl replaced by a teasing grin, "Ah, that's right! You need my help!" (name) frowned and folded her arms, "It's not help, it's guidance... Mr. Vice President~" it was her turn to roll her eyes, to which Izaya simply frowned.

"Don't call me that." He sighed, slipping down into the seat besides her.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Sports Star-"

"... are you serious?"

"Completely... Mr. Ladies Man~" A cheeky smirk appeared on the (h/c) haired female's features, to which Izaya simply pulled a face and slammed open the textbook in annoyance, earning another dirty look from the librarian.

"What, it's true!" And it was. Izaya Orihara was the model compass of the school. Excellent grades. Sports star. Winning essay and poetry competitor. Practical Genius. Gentleman. Respected family- No to mention, relatively handsome. All this combined made Izaya the perfect student, well known among his teachers, fellow classmates and especially the females...

Too bad he spent most of his time in the library, being a loner and watching people.

(name) shivered.

"Do you want help or not?" He asked with an annoyed tone.

"Yes, yes! It's page 63- Circle theorems.."

Yes, Izaya Orihara had it all. But he chose to withdraw himself from his classmates and sink into the reserve of the library, often only watching from the shadows without associating himself with anyone else.

"This is easy. Remember that the angle at the centre is double the angle at the circumfrence..."

All except (name) that was. Friend of 7 years, she was unnavoidable and an inexplicably annoying yet amusing thorn in his side that he could not seem to remove. He may have matured into a Grade-A student over the years but (name) hadn't changed a bit.

He watched her as she tapped the pencil against her cheek, frowning down at her work in concentration, leaning on the palm of his hand. Of course, she was envied by many of the girls for her association with him, but she still remained an optimist. Still undeniably niave. Still utterly kind.

"Now you also have to take into an account that a tangent of the circumfrence equals to a 90 degree angle..."

It was a weird relation the two shared. They were close, yet he still acted coldly towards her from time to time- even to the point where he treated her like all the others. But she would always be (name) and stick by him...

And he wondered- were other people like this? With a personality like hers, it would be easy to bend her to his will... dare he say manipulate her into doing things for his entertainment... He shook his head.

Not to (name). He had too many morals to do that to (name).

His words trailed off as his gaze travelled acrsss the quiet room of studying readers, concentrating in their own little worlds.

What a strange thought... what a weird thing of him to think...

"Izaya stop staring at people. It's weird." (name) sighed, loosing track of the number of times she had told him this.

"I'm not staring, I'm observing." He had lost track of the amount of times he had to explain this to her.

(name) huffed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever- hurry up with this thing, I have math test after lunch-"

»»-------------¤-------------««