05 ; change

"Hello."

The small ravennete lifted his head, only to come face to face with a (e/c) eyed girl about the same height as him. His pale countenance shifted into one of surprise, his crimson gaze scouring every detail of the strange girl's face. 

Short, (h/c) locks were pulled into two small pony tails, bound with small pink bows. Her face radiated happiness as she smiled down at him, his gaze travelled down to her arm outstretched in an offering of  welcome.

"Hello."

He mumbled a short reply, dropping his gaze from the girl and retreating to his own games, declining her offer. A frown tugged at the corners of the young girl's lips, her arm dropped as she observed him for a couple of moments, his attention all seemingly reserved to the toy car he was constantly playing with. Kneeling down next to him, she refused to let it disuade her so easily, another smile appearing on her face as she asked innocently, "What are you playing?"

His actions stopped for a moment, the plastic wheels grinding to a halt as his eyebrows furrowed, gaze never leaving the car. Was this girl stupid? Was it not obvious?

"Cars." He replied shortly, muffled into the palm of his hand as he resumed his escapades straight afterwards.

"Can I play?"

He sighed. It was clear this girl wasn't giving up. He looked up, locking a peircing, cold gaze with her own soft and gentle ones. As the moments crawled by, time dragged on around the pair entrapped in their own little stare down, the smile dropping from the little girls face from her face for every passing second.

An exasperrated sigh escaped his lips once more as he shoved a red toy car into her hands, a beaming grin appearing on her face once more, to which he simply rolled his eyes and continued playing.

Ugh- girls.

"My name's (name)!"

"I didn't ask f-"

"What's yours?"

...

"Izaya."

»»-------------¤-------------««