Chapter 3: Intruder

Brienna

"How daring of you." Brienna declared when she looked at the culprit who stole her away. She looked at his emerald green eyes with her cold diamond blue orbs knowing the position they were in. Brienna's left hand was on with and right was on his right shoulder the starting position of the waltz. All there is left to do now is to wait for the orchestra to begin to play its music.

"Be grateful that I the prince of the most powerful nation is dancing with you." He answered arrogantly. The music began softly and they started off to sway softly to the music. From the distance, Brienna saw Riri and Roberto dancing as well.

"There is no need to be so boastful." She spoke," In the end, we are all human." He bold statement made the prince click his tongue in annoyance but then opened is mouth to not allow Brie to have the last say in this.

"Human my as-"

"Language." Brie intervened," It is no language of a prince to begin to speak like that." She said coldly looking at him with harden eyes.

"And it is no way a commoner such as yourself begin to speak to a prince like that!" Keith pulled Brie closer to his body and tightened his grip on her. He could feel her body pressing onto his making him nervous.

Keith

He wasn't one bit angry at her instead he was being pulled into Brienna's eyes deeper and deeper as he continued to look at her. His heart beat was getting a bit faster ever since he pulled her into him now there was silence over them as they did the waltz in the middle of the ballroom.

'Commoner, what are you doing to me?' They both came to sudden stop when the music ended. Applause was heard from every angle as he continued to looked deep into her brilliant blue diamond eyes.

"Thank you for such a lovely waltz." Her warmth was now gone as he looked at her curtsy. She turned around and walked away leaving the prince baffled. Somehow he felt as if his body was telling him to run to her, to catch her before he loses her again.

Brienna

'It seems like Keith is now dancing with anther person.' Brie thought when she saw him with a gorgeously dressed noble. She felt a string or two breaking inside of her but when she was about to turn away, she saw a shadow on one of the ballroom's high windows. 

'What's that?' She pondered as she examined the figure putting its hand into their pocket to pull out what she could recognise anywhere, a gun. 'Riri!' She immediately thought as she walked quickly trying to find her.

'There she is!' She found her talking happily with Roberto and when she looked back at the window, the figure looked like it had the gun ready to fire. 'No,' She sped up to Riri, "ALLURIANA!" *BAMB!* The bullet from the gun broke the stained glass window a second after Brie pulled Riri away. 

There it was, the gun made a dent on the expensive marble floor in front of Roberto where Riri was just was but luckily she was now safely in Brie's arms. Everyone stood still where they were registering what had just happened but with the help of the entrance door baming open, everyone was now finally back to their senses. 

Noblemen and women were now rushing out of the ballroom as guards after guards rushes into the room. The princes' personal butler rushed to them and guarded them all out safely to the nearest, safest room right now, the throne room along with Brie, Nobel Michel and Alluriana.

~*~

"I have just received word from the head guard that the intruder escaped," Zain said once he stepped into the throne room once again. Lord Michel and Riri are now sitting on their respective thrones as the princes and butlers stood up along with some most trusted guards inside.

'It is as suspected it was all of their doing.' Even though Brie was the calmest one out of them all right now, she was extremely nervous with what is going to happen.

"What do yu suggest we do grandfather?" Riri cast her gaze over to her right waiting for what he got to say.

"I suppose we only have one choice." He looked down sadly before looking at everyone with strong eyes. "Alluriana, you and your friend will have to go to another kingdom for hiding for the time being until it is safe."