Chapter 6: Ball

Brienna's POV...

My right arm was hooked onto Keith's left as we walked down the steps of the ballroom. From the distance, Riri could be seen with the rest of the princes in a corner probably discussing something important. Jealousy could be seen amongst all the high classed women and men especially, Laura.

Although Laura couldn't remember me due to my disguise, she looked at me with daggers in her glare. When we finally reached the bottom, the King and Queen of Liberty made their way to us.

"Your Majesties," I dipped into a curtsy with my head bowed down low. "It is a pleasure to see you here this fine evening." I could feel their sharp gaze upon me as I slowly got up.

"Father, mother," Keith greeted politely but even so, the king and queen ignored my very being and turned their eyes on their son.

"Keith, I trust that the speech is ready."The king looked at his son with stern eyes. His emerald green eyes looked at another exact pair waiting for a positive answer.

"Everything is ready." He replied then, their majesties left busily greeting the guests. I glanced up at his eyes to see that they seemed uncertain for some reason.

"Prince Keith, are you positive that everything is in place?" I asked while looking ahead to make sure that we won't bounce into anyone.

"What are you trying to say!" He raised his voice with his cheeks starting to redden.

"We are in public do you think i-" I stopped mid-sentence to see a little child running our way with a plate of cake in his hand. He showed no sign in stopping because he had his eyes closed looking overjoyed because of something but, that smile will soon turn into tears. I unwrapped my arm from Keith and took a step forward to protect him from the cake that will be soon stained into his clothes.

"Ahh!" The little child yelled when he bounced into me. The cake went flying onto the sapphire dress I was wearing now, it had a huge spot with white icing and cake pieces slowly dropping down to the floor.

A well-to-do woman, surely his mother, was apologising with a white face. "Please forgive him!" She repeated over and over again with her son behind her in tears. How troublesome.

"There is no need to apologise. I did this for myself." I answered honestly. "It was meant for His Highness but I took it upon myself to shield him so, therefore, whatever you say to me right now is useless."

"Bu-but." She stuttered looking for words to say.

"It was true, I saw it with my own eyes." Riri's familiar voice rung through my ears. I glanced back to see Riri walking from behind us. "It was already done and the past cannot be changed." The woman looked down clearly embarrassed before saying another apology before leaving.

"What are you doing, standing there like a lump?! there is no time for her to change, so hurry up and help me get the stain out!" Alma got some of the designers' attention. they started to gather around me and get the stain out of the dress.

"I'm glad to see you here." Riri stated with a weak smile," But the encounter was a bit... different." She carefully picked out her words.

"As to you," I said while looking at her. "but thank you for stepping in like that." From the corner of my eye, I saw Keith shouting at Luke so I decided that I should solve it. "Alma is the stain gone?" I asked her while looking down.

"All right! That should do for now!" She said. I looked at Riri and was going to open my mouth to say something but she gave me a nod. I gave one back to her then went off to the corner where Keith was.

Brienna

Brienna calmly walked to the two at the far corner of the ballroom where no one can hear them. "When I say it's off it's off!" Keith shouted to make things clear for the poor Luke. "SO get your ass up there and tell them i-"

"Keith!" Brienna raised her voice slightly as she approached them.

"Who the hell do you think you are to call a member of the royal household by their given name!" Luke shouted at her angrily. Brienna gave him a sharp glare for him to stop where he was but then, soften her eyes a bit but it was still stern as ever.

"Whether I address Keith as I want is none of your business right now. In the end, it was bound to happen anyways." She made herself as clear as day. "But anyways Luke I think we have more important matters at hand right now. Do we not?" Brienna raised an eyebrow at him.

The two of them turned silent and waited for what came out of her mouth," Luke, please go and tell the master of ceremonies to stall time." He didn't move," Now."

"What do you think you are doing?!" Keith shouted with a slight blush on his cheek.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Brienna turned her gaze to him," I'm trying to get you up there and recite your speech. Like you said, 'everything was ready'."

"Wh-"

"So stop being stubborn and go up there! 'If we were to go back one hundred and fifty years our nation, this fair land of Liberty-"

"You'll have to stop or else someone might hear." Keith smiled gently before walking off with a more powerful and majestic aura.

Brienna looked at his fading back with her heart thumping inside her chest. It was a warm feeling she was getting. She somehow felt..... She couldn't even explain them in her own words. Let us just say it was something magical.

"Not many would dare to say anything like that, you know. Not any normal person anyways." Alma walked up to the now alone Brie. Alma's thin lips tweaked into a smile," You did well. See what you've done?" She looked up at the balcony to see Keith standing waiting for everyone to quieten.

"Yes, she did." Riri joined in along with the rest of the princes. "I have to congratulate her for making Keith going up there. If it was one of us he wouldn't have no matter how much persuasion we put in." She smiled with her head tilted.

"So how did you do it?" Joshua jumped right in with his usual expression. 'How? It was just like back then.'

"It doesn't matter right now. It's starting." Brienna faced the balcony once again and waited for the speech to commence along with everyone else in the ballroom.