Chapter 10: Pain

Brienna's POV...

I pushed Keith off me yet again. I rolled to the other side to hide my embarrassed face away from him. "Keith," I began. My heart beats faster and faster none like ever before as I brought an index finger and traced my lips. "please, forgot whatever had happened just now I sounded so sad and broken presently.

I couldn't see what he was doing but I could hear his footsteps walking further and further away from me. For once, he didn't say anything. All he did was leave me in peace with a tight heart. Is this what I think it is? I rolled back to my back and place a hand on my chest.

"Is this love?" I said quietly as I stared up at the ceiling.

~*~

Third Person

A week has passed since that day of the accident. Brienna and Keith have been keeping some distance with each other and they told both Luke and Kaori that what they had witnessed was an accident which really was.

Four days ago Keith had left Liberty to go to Philip to deal with some royal duties along with the rest of the princes leaving Brie alone in the manse with only her new found friend Cathy to play with.

Brienna was once again walking to Cathy's small cottage home that was secretly hidden behind the thick bushes of the private garden.

"Brienna!" Cathy said cheerfully as she opened her door to welcome her friend. They walked inside after closing the door and made their way to the living room. "I have planned many new things for us to do!" Brienna lips went up into a small smile. Cathy reminded her of her old self. So happy and carefree sometimes which started to make her nostalgic.

"Really?" Brienna questioned as she sat down on the golden sofa waiting for young golden blonde girl to bring what she had in store. Somehow, every time Brienna looked at Cathy's eyes, it reminded her of Keith. Her heart squeezed as she remembered his mesmerising emerald eyes that he absolutely adored secretly.

"Brienna," Cathy's usual energetic voice was now replaced with a slightly depressed one. "You really miss my brother don't you?" Her eyes widened a bit by her sudden comment.

"Why would you say that?" Brienna tried to deny it but then, her eyes landed on a device at the corner of the coffee table that is in front of her. It was the same rose gold phone that she saw Keith holding in the electronic store.

"Brienna," Cathy said sadly which brought her back into reality. Tears glisten her eyes when she finally realised that she wasn't alone.

"I'm not feeling well right now. I'll come back later." Brienna quickly got up from her seat and started to make her way back into her room. Every time she thought about him made her heart twist in pain. He was now like a drug to her very existence.

~*~

Keith sat in the middle of a meeting in chateau Philip. His mind was clouded with thoughts of Brienna ever since that day. He knew that he had loved her before that accident and was overjoyed when Brienna kissed him back but, what she said after that deeply hurt him.

He wasn't able to think properly ever since. He had tried to forget her and spend more time with paperwork but that didn't help one bit. Instead, his plan completely backfired at him making him want to see her face more and more but when Wilfred called each of the princes and Lady fro a meeting in Philip, he was glad and hoped he could get some time away from her. However, it made his heart ache for her more and more. Wanting to see her face yet again. To feel her lips... her body against his again.

"Keith," Lady Alluriana stole a glance of him worriedly," you've been looking differently for the whole trip in Philip." She took a pause before continuing," Are you perhaps ill?" Her voice was laced in concern for the prince since she had never saw him act like that ever.

Keith snapped out of his thoughts and huffed out a small sigh. 'What are you doing to me woman?' "I'm tired that's all." He replied with his head leaning on his right hand tart was propped up on the table. His eyes looked elsewhere longingly wanting to hold what he desired in his arms.

"So the day has finally came." Wilfred joined in.

"Yes, I agree." Edward said.

"You've been acting quite suspiciously for the whole time." Joshua eyed the prince wondering what's in his mind.

"Can we get this over with?" Glenn sighed tiredly.

"Whatever!" Keith went back to his usual behavior,"Let's get this done with."