Chapter 8: Shopping

Brienna's POV...

Everything was quiet. I walked down the isolated hallway to go back to my bedroom. The peaceful sound of nothing was heard. Everything was in place. The ball was still going on but yet, I decided to call it a night. Keith would most likely be mad at me and Riri would be worried so I told Luke to pass over a message for me.

The ball in my words was horrible. Well, except for meeting the other princes and Riri again but practically everything else was not to my liking. All the eyes were on me. The men roaming up and down my body while women glared at me clearly jealous. Why did I even agree in the first place? Oh, yeah. If I didn't Keith and I would have agreed for some time. He was always the one to get what he wanted ever since he was little.

I pushed open my bedroom door to be greeted with silence once again. The dark gloomy atmosphere was like a small depiction of what I felt inside. What is there to feel happy about anymore? I clapped my hands twice and the lights came on. Trying to impress are we, Keith? I locked the door and stripped down of the dress I had on and jumped into my night clothes.

Tomorrow I would be a tiring day once again.

~*~

I sat next to Riri at the dining table. Keith was at the head of the table with Riri on his right following me, Wilfred and Joshua. At the other side was Roberto, Glenn and Edward. Their respective butlers by the wall while Kaori stood behind me with her back parallel to the wall just like her twin.

 Their respective butlers by the wall while Kaori stood behind me with her back parallel to the wall just like her twin

(Right is Suzuki)

"After all this time, we never got your name." I stopped eating my omelette and stole a glance of my brother. He looked at me waiting for a reply. Is the time too early? I questioned myself or is that.... No, either or way they would eventually find out.

"Brienna," I quietly said but then spoke louder," my name is Brienna." Everyone's eyes widened when they heard my reply. Wilfred looked the most shocked and froze for a second or two before continuing to eat his breakfast.

"And your last name is?" Glenn asked.

"I don't have one. I was an orphan until the age of 18 when I started to work as a nanny for a family in Nobel Michel but then quit." My heart rate quickens a bit hoping that no one finds out my true identity.

"I met Riri when I was still an orphan so that's how the friendship began. I was abandoned when right after birth and a director of an orphanage just happened to pass by where my so called parents left me." I lied," But all of that is in the past now so there is ntohing to sulk over." I ended before continuing my meal.

~*~

Third Person

She waited patiently for Keith's reply as she stood in front of him. "Next!" He shouted and immediately, she was guided back into the dressing room with two female workers ushering her in with another rack of dresses.

She had been dragged out of the manse without a disguise to go shopping with His Royal Highness, Prince Keith, as a thank you for saving him from the cake that was supposed to be flying his way.

After many more dresses, Keith took a hard concentrated looked at Brienna. The dress she was wearing was the star jewel in the signature collection of Jean Pierre's latest collection. The simple designs and light pastel shade of blue really made her hair and eyes popped. Her milky white skin also made it look like a better fit for her instead of the model who walked down the runway with it on.

 Her milky white skin also made it look like a better fit for her instead of the model who walked down the runway with it on

A smirk made its way up to Keith's lips as he said," We'll take that." Everyone looked relieved that His Highness finally settled for something since he had been here for over an hour making Brienna trying dresses after dresses.

~*~

"Why dresses out of everything else?" Brienna questioned as she walked along Keith's side in the pathway. They were surrounded by bodyguards since they were out of the manse to make sure that nothing will happen to the future King of Liberty.

"Just be quiet and appreciate it." He snapped. 'Dresses, I will have many later on.' "Just be glad that I, the future King of Liberty, is shopping out in the open with a commoner like you." Brienna frown at his statement since he had yet to know that she was nowhere near that rank of a commoner.

"Then," She paused where she was and everyone else soon followed her," let's go inside." She pointed with her index finger to an electronic store. Keith took a long hard stare at it before walking to it.

"Your Highness," Luke spoke," this place may not be safe." He said with concern. Who knows what might be lurking inside the store. People who carry dangerous weapons maybe. Well, that was in Luke's eyes.

"Shut up and follow me." Keith ignored his butler's concern and walked in with the group of bodyguards close behind.

Brienna walked straight to the laptop section and started to examine each and every one of them carefully making sure that to pick one of good quality since she will be using it for hacking and other things.

As Brienna questioned the retailer Keith on the other hand, was looking through the shop. People stopped what they were doing to stare at him because of his majestic aura he was emitting.

He was looking through phones that were inside the display case and decided to pick the most expensive one which was a rose gold touchscreen. The latest of its kind and the so called best at the very present.

In the end, Keith ended up paying for the phone and for Brienna's expensive one-of-a-kind laptop.

~*~

Brienna's POV...

I sat side by side Keith in the limousine with Kaori and Luke opposite us. The drive was a bit slower back to the manse since there was a bit more traffic than usual.

"I can't believe that's all you bought. Do you think I'm some minser who would begrudge you anymore?" Keith said as he looked at the bags in between Kaori and Luke.

"Minser? Who could possibly think something like that about you?" I questioned him. All he bought for me was the dress and the laptop. He seemed to choke on my rebuke and then he complained, his brows furrowed.

"You.... Do you have to have a comeback for everything?" He sighed looking a bit defeated.

"Yes," I answered honestly. He turned to examine me, looking a bit surprised.